• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

too old to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-3 BUBBA

What about nfo, assuming I get my scores up? I hear the age limit is 30.

Gabriel,
The NFO age is the same as the age for pilot, they are just waiverable to different ages. For a pilot the max age is 27 waiverable up to 29 month for month of prior service. NFO is also 27, but waiverable to 31 with month for month prior service. I get this question at least once a week.

I hope the Army thing works out for you, but the clock has run out for Flying Navy.

Brandon

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Just do a search for some of inverted's early posts and you will feel better

(only giving you a hard time inverted, but I had to say it :) )

Hey the truth is the truth, I'm not running from it. I was a young LCpl once that thought I knew everything -- then I became squared away :p However you don't see me on this forum knocking people around, not my place. My whole point in this thing OTTO, is that there is criticism, and theres contructive criticism. If you show him other options (IE WOFT, NFO, etc.) then its a little more useful don't you think? Maybe we should just discourage everyone from becoming an officer... yah, lets do that :icon_rage

invertedflyer

So Invertedflyer... read A4s post again and tell me why you gave me negative rep? I think we're done here, and I just gave A4s rep.

Thats just classic A4s, I fail to see how it directly related to my assertion that you could have been more helpful to the OP -- good thing others took up your slack.

Oh, and you know the other reasons behind the neg. rep... so don't try to play that game.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can you pedestrian AW users please stop asking the Mods to close every other fucking thread already? For the love of God, I'm going to start smiting people who ask for that from now on - fair warning. :icon_rage

Brett

Smite on, brother.

flamethrower_straight.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey the truth is the truth, I'm not running from it. I was a young LCpl once that thought I knew everything -- then I became squared away :p However you don't see me on this forum knocking people around, not my place. My whole point in this thing OTTO, is that there is criticism, and theres contructive criticism. If you show him other options (IE WOFT, NFO, etc.) then its a little more useful don't you think? Maybe we should just discourage everyone from becoming an officer... yah, lets do that :icon_rage

1. He was given the alternatives to NA in this thread, in posts other than mine. I didn't feel the need to repeat those options.

2. I wasn't discouraging him from being an officer. That's what OCS is for. But after grasping at straws I figured it was much more to his benefit to hear an unadulterated, direct answer than "well, maybe you could XXX" answer.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Can you pedestrian AW users please stop asking the Mods to close every other fucking thread already? For the love of God, I'm going to start smiting people who ask for that from now on - fair warning. :icon_rage

Brett

Here's your new avatar.

Attachments

• brett1 copy.jpg
    brett1 copy.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 33

invertedflyer

1. He was given the alternatives to NA in this thread, in posts other than mine. I didn't feel the need to repeat those options.

2. I wasn't discouraging him from being an officer. That's what OCS is for. But after grasping at straws I figured it was much more to his benefit to hear an unadulterated, direct answer than "well, maybe you could XXX" answer.

Dude, all you have to do is agree your original post was harsher sounding that it needed to be. let it go. Crap if I had said the same thing I would have owned up.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Dude, all you have to do is agree your original post was harsher sounding that it needed to be. let it go. Crap if I had said the same thing I would have owned up.

Look, I have no problems discussing this with you via PM civilly. But this is the LAST time I will bicker with you in this thread.

Shall I summarize WHY I posted as harshly as I did?

Because after ALL the posts saying he was done and that he was too old and that he had NO CHANCE, he responded

Against all odds I'm still trying though. I gave the NAVY recruiter a break because I don't want to anoy him. I figured I'd get my scores up first. Both recruiters said the board laughs at 4's and 5's.

Even after folks responded that he had no chance he came back with:

"Against all odds I'm still trying" (not to mention that even if he was eligible, 4s and 5s won't even come close to cutting it)

In response to that I decided that to stop him wasting his own and his recruiters time, I'd say that he has NO CHANCE. "YOU WILL NEVER BE A NAVAL AVIATOR". It seems a bit harsh, but since he was already told that message in a nicer way, I figured he had to hear it straight up, since he didn't get it. He is too old and a non-prior. It just isn't going to happen.

It's not his fault, and he's probably a fine person, but it just isn't going to happen.

He's grasping at straws. I'm not trying to demotivate anyone, that's just the way it is. If someone born outside the US told everyone he was going to try to run for president, I'm sure someone would have to put him in his place. It just can't be.

That's all I was trying to do.

/out

invertedflyer

Look, I have no problems discussing this with you via PM civilly. But this is the LAST time I will bicker with you in this
words

words

words

otto freaking out

words

/out

Relax dude, my only assertion was that it came off harsh. Thats not saying you "meant" to demotivate, just that you could have fine tuned your response a little. You're blowing this out of proportion. cheers.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Relax dude, my only assertion was that it came off harsh. Thats not saying you "meant" to demotivate, just that you could have fine tuned your response a little. You're blowing this out of proportion. cheers.

/freak out

/break

/beer bottle

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.