• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm embarrassed to ask, but what option is there other than ISPP? Would that just be to get out and apply with an O recruiter?

You can apply for regular OCS programs. Check out the 1420.1B, the individual program authorizations and the MyNavy HR commissioning programs page. Some recruiters might be willing to talk, but others, because you can't be an applicant with them (unless you're 100% out out) they'll probably defer to the MyNavy HR website.

NKMess

You can apply for regular OCS programs. Check out the 1420.1B, the individual program authorizations and the MyNavy HR commissioning programs page. Some recruiters might be willing to talk, but others, because you can't be an applicant with them (unless you're 100% out out) they'll probably defer to the MyNavy HR website.
Sounds good, that was what I was originally planning on until I read through PA-100F, for this, would I simply disregard that PA, and only follow PA-106?

Jacksa71

No, just submit it with just your CO signature. That way is for everyone (civilians and AD). You don’t need an admiral endorsement. ISPP is for navy AD only, honestly speaking, for people that have bad scores or maybe submitted the normal way and didn’t get selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
No, just submit it with just your CO signature. That way is for everyone (civilians and AD). You don’t need an admiral endorsement. ISPP is for navy AD only, honestly speaking, for people that have bad scores or maybe submitted the normal way and didn’t get selected.

The URLO ISPP is fairly popular because it essentially streamlines getting selected… if you can get a Flag endorsement.

You can still apply the regular OCS route or the immediate select, which appears fleet/enlisted applicants can pursue.

There’s more than one avenue to get into OCS for fleet folks these days.

exNavyOffRec

SNA or maybe SNFO depending on my scores and whether I get picked up within the first couple boards or so.
Do good on the ASTB then submit the normal route, from what you have said on what you have dealt with so far it will save you a lot of aggravation.

NKMess

Do good on the ASTB then submit the normal route, from what you have said on what you have dealt with so far it will save you a lot of aggravation.
I really appreciate the guidance with this. In my rate (HM), most career counselors are really only familiar with medical commissioning programs. I was prepared for this but got mixed up after reading PA-100F and assuming that was the only route for me.

WorldWar33.3

From what I gather on the civilian side, the aviation board doesn't care about your letters of recommendation or personal statement.

But on the fleet side (regular OCS and ISPP), are the letters of recommendation, personal statements, and interviews scrutinized more or equally as much as civilians?

Jacksa71

I didn’t use any recommendations. If you have a good package then what’s the point? I used endorsements because they were required for ISPP but that’s it. I rather have the individual give me an appraisal than a recommendation.

As far as personal statement/CO recommendation, be honest and write the best one you possibly can.

WorldWar33.3

I didn’t use any recommendations. If you have a good package then what’s the point? I used endorsements because they were required for ISPP but that’s it. I rather have the individual give me an appraisal than a recommendation.

As far as personal statement/CO recommendation, be honest and write the best one you possibly can.
Copy. I saw it as a requirement rather than a suggestion because it was on the checklist. Now it's kind of a relief to know I don't need them. Thanks for that!