• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Kitty Hawk and the Hong Kong port call visit caper

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reuters is reporting the Chinese government has rescinded permission for the USS Kitty Hawk to make a planned port call in Hong Kong thereby stranding family members who flew in to meet their loved ones. Article gives probable political reasons why the Chinese are using the Kitty Hawk visit to lash back at Americans.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Between Putin talkin tough and this ... are things getting Cold around here, or is it just me ...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Between Putin talkin tough and this ... are things getting Cold around here, or is it just me ...
I was thinking I was the only one who was thinking this. Check out this book here: Kremlin Rising: Vladimir Putin's Russia and the End of Revolution (Hardcover)
41Q8F7XSCYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....the Chinese are using the Kitty Hawk visit to lash back at Americans.
Glad to see the 'Hawk is still on the front line.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened since the ChiComs took over HK in '97 .... i.e., canceling a USN visit --- so how does one respond??

I'd tell them to take their Peking/Beijing Olympics and shove 'em
up their little collectivist commie asses ..... (with apologies to Jimmy Carter and his 1980 CNX'ed Olympics).

This is only one more reason why we should not play "feel good" with Communist China -- the list is actually quite long. They are NOT our friends and never will be as long as that government is in power.

But that's just me. :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I was thinking I was the only one who was thinking this.

Seriously?! Russia is a sad.....no, make that pathetic shadow of what the USSR was. With a military that is a fraction of what it was, a populace that is very sick and on the decline and a government that is nothing but a criminal organization used to profit its participants, there is not much to Mother Russia anymore. The only real things they got going for them are nukes, which are not doing much for them anyways, and oil/natural gas. And most of the money from oil goes into the pockets of the ruling class, so it doesn't do that much for the country as a whole anyways.

Stop trying to relive the past, we got more important things to worry about.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously?! Russia is a sad.....no, make that pathetic shadow of what the USSR was. With a military that is a fraction of what it was, a populace that is very sick and on the decline and a government that is nothing but a criminal organization used to profit its participants, there is not much to Mother Russia anymore. The only real things they got going for them are nukes, which are not doing much for them anyways, and oil/natural gas. And most of the money from oil goes into the pockets of the ruling class, so it doesn't do that much for the country as a whole anyways.

Stop trying to relive the past, we got more important things to worry about.

Amen.

Brett

SkywardET

Contrarian
The article now says that they have reconsidered their position and will allow the carrier group to visit "for humanitarian reasons." How very kind of China.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm willing to bet we turned some sort of screw and put the pressure on. Oh, and looking like a total a$$hat in front of the world also has a profound effect on people.