• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wardroom Etiquette

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Steve Wilkins said:
Making people stand there?? That's a bit extreme even for SWO land. Was he on the morale supression team too?

Funny you should ask. When he was our CO and we started laughing or smiling, someone would start the "Away the Moral Supression Team Away. Laughter detected in the pilot house......" etc. It became something that would make us laugh on our wonderful African Deployment. But yes, he was that extreme.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
EngineGirl said:
Funny you should ask. When he was our CO and we started laughing or smiling, someone would start the "Away the Moral Supression Team Away. Laughter detected in the pilot house......" etc. It became something that would make us laugh on our wonderful African Deployment. But yes, he was that extreme.
Yea, aren't they just a pure fvcking joy to work with? IMO, if you have no sense of humor, you do not belong in this business. And if you're a SWO with no sense of humor, you should be forced to play Oscar during man overboard drills.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
raptor10 said:
the ice cream machine is called the dog because when it comes out it resembles dog sh!t
No it doesn't --- and Naval Officers would never eat sh!t in any case , although some have been known to kiss ass on occasion. :eek:

Dog looks more like this:

:)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
That's no joke. Had the opportunity to have dinner with the CO in his cabin on the LINCOLN. GREAT food!....beef filet, mashed potoes, vegetables, and killer soup and salad.

Not as good as the homemade pasta, mozzarella and the fine liquor that I had on my Foreign Exchange cruise with the Italians for my middie cruise. Six weeks in Italy and I spent 2 days underway......what a tough life :D .

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
Not as good as the homemade pasta, mozzarella and the fine liquor that I had on my Foreign Exchange cruise with the Italians for my middie cruise. Six weeks in Italy and I spent 2 days underway......what a tough life :D .
Yea, that sucks.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yea, that sucks.

Well, other than 5 days on the Connie right before she retired that is all the 'sea time' I have in the Navy. What is this general quarters and these SWO's you speak of, I do not know these things.......:D

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What?? Were you in one those land based Prowler squadrons?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
What?? Were you in one those land based Prowler squadrons?

Yeah, I do a tour in EP-3's, transition to Prowlers expecting to go to the boat and I get an Expeditionary squadron (I was actually hoping to go to a boat squadron). At least I got to spend a few days on the boat and get a few traps in, some didn't even get to do that........

onedge

pilot
Personally, I enjoy having said Icees during the daily nav brief. Good stuff. Also, I have eaten on 3 ships; 1 big deck, 1 carrier, and 1 small boy and I can say that never once have I seen fountain soda mixed well. As for the food, it wasn't bad, but it was almost like a tantilizing glimpse of what crab legs, lobster, or duck could taste like if it was done in a resturaunt somewhere.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
EngineGirl said:
On deployment, I also gave them some of the cookies and what not that I recieved.

I have been told a couple of really bad cruise stories that sounded like that.:D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goober said:
Hey, don't knock fountain Coke. It's all you can drink and part of your mess bill (like Wendy's, they ain't making money off the soda fountain). Often times beats the funky tasting overseas canned Coke you run into. As long as the mix isn't jacked up or the syrup canister isn't running low, it's usually pretty good on the boat. Any way you look at it, it beats the alternative of bug-juice only or Parmalat in a box.

The fountain sodas don't have to be funky in taste. It's basically the same setup that you run into at Wendy's or any commercial food operation. it just needs to be monitored and maintained. Back in the day, when they were first introduced (prior to that, it was bug juice galore), they were always weak like off brand sodas. We finally nailed the FSO and said how come his highly trained cooks (they were in fact being sent to high end chef schools) couldn't get a little training like the average folks at a fast food place (when's the last time you had bad soda there? pretty rare). So, the Air Wing Advisory board (formed to keep the Dirty Shirt up to standards of wardroom) kept the pressure on the FSo and went directly to XO (aviator of course) and after next ashore period (we were in beginning of workups), a couple mess cranks got trained to maintain the soda fountain. It's all in the mixture settings! It was NEVER off after that. Moral of story, don't sit by and endure something like that (we also railed successfully against watery no name salad dressings made with powder and water).

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
heyjoe said:
(we also railed successfully against watery no name salad dressings made with powder and water).

Total threadjack:

Having worked in a restaurant, I can tell you that if it comes in a cup on the side...chances are it comes from a powder mixture. Like the soda fountains, it's all how you tweak the mixture.

end threadjack/