• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what are the hazards associated with rescue swimmer job?

top-guy

hey everyone,

i've a question, :confused:

what are the hazards associated with rescue swimmer job? and is there any official website for that?

thanx:)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm thinking he means "job?" I'm guessing drowning is fairly high on the lists of hazards, but I'm just guessing...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
hey everyone,

i've a question, :confused:

what are the hazards associated with rescue swimmer jbo?

and
is there any official website for that?

thanx

Disorders which prevent you from spelling correctly or capitalizing any words...;)

DAMNIT...Phrog beat me to the rest...:)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
top-guy,
When you write using an obvious lack of grammatical skill, don't expect to receive any articulate response. While I am not saying that you are insufficient in grammar, I am suggesting that writing on here as if you're text messaging another 15 y/o dude will not solicit the response you're looking for.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
No...not really. Especially since your attitude is #$%^/. When you posted your original illiterate post, after some goon natured suggestions about future posts, you got two "answers". The first from someone I think is the only rescue swimmer on board. Did you take any of the suggestions in that thread? Let me remind you...

Jesus Christ.

Go to Military.com. Then go to "community". Select "navy". Go to "discussions".

There's a Naval Air forum, and usually there's a few Rescue Swimmer types posting.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time..."

Oh...and thanks for the link to my profile...:confused:

robav8r

None
Contributor
Hazards To Rescue Swimmers

1. Sharks. Both the "Sea Predator" kind, and the ones that will kick your ass for not being a good rescue swimmer or not listening to good advice when you have obviously screwed up.
2. Tinitus
3. Having someone trying to drown you because they are panicking and think they are going to drown themselves.
4. Jelly Fish
5. Portugese Man O War
6. Wearing a wetsuit in plane guard when it's REALLY hot outside.
7. Swallowing a shit-load of salt water because you didn't keep your eyes on the horizon.

There are more of course, but I can't think of them right now. I'm spending too much time learning about the ARM/ORD and Harpoon system.

;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1. Sharks. Both the "Sea Predator" kind, and the ones that will kick your ass for not being a good rescue swimmer or not listening to good advice when you have obviously screwed up.

um, death? Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good aircaft into the cold dark & treacherous water?? :eek:

Shark_Attack_01.jpg

-ea6bflyr ;)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And look at that, reposts can be fun now too! Good call ea6b.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
There are more of course, but I can't think of them right now. I'm spending too much time learning about the ARM/ORD and Harpoon system.

;)

Yeah, like Sea State 9.

We used to have a saying about the inverse relationship between the rank of the swimmer entering the water and the sea state. Sea state = 1, Swimmer = E-7. Sea state = 9, swimmer = E-1 (this is mostly for purposes of the joke as the lowest ranking qualified SAR swimmer is probably E-3).

top-guy

BigIron

thanx for the links, man

scoober78

my attitude is #$%^/.?
taunt me a second time?
thank you.

robav8r

thank u, that helped

raptor10

manatees? i don't think so, as i know they are peaceful.

ea6bflyr

lol i think this picture is a fake, many people say that.

HeloBubba
thanx for comiing by​

good luck everybody,,​