• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"What % Gets Stealth?"

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
gregsivers said:
Yeah but its still got Jessica Biel in it, so there's still a chance I might see it. Wouldn't be the first time I paid to see a bad movie, War of the Worlds sucked.

I second that motion Greg. If theres a hottie in a Navy movie, it should be shameful not to at least wait until the waterfall scene :D Then be on your merry way. lol.

OH!! I recommend Wedding Crashers. Fvckin funny! Its all about the slapstick comedy these days.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
HAL Pilot said:
I thought World of the Worlds was great!

Or, it's alternate title, Top Gun 2. Merlin was found to be completely **** cock insane and spends his days as an ambulance driver/part time militia member. Maverick let himself go and found scientology. You...you're all glib.

"Well, you know, I studied what they do and I want to be able to recreate it so that, you know, I don't want them (real aviators) walking out an saying, 'that's hokey, we don't do that'."

Jamey Foxx on his craft.

Clearly he didn't talk to any of you...mmmm...6 months ago.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Or, it's alternate title, Top Gun 2. Merlin was found to be completely **** cock insane and spends his days as an ambulance driver/part time militia member. Maverick let himself go and found scientology. You...you're all glib.

"Well, you know, I studied what they do and I want to be able to recreate it so that, you know, I don't want them (real aviators) walking out an saying, 'that's hokey, we don't do that'."

Jamey Foxx on his craft.

Clearly he didn't talk to any of you...mmmm...6 months ago.
In their defense, there's only so much the actors can do with the big picture - that's mostly up to the producers and director.

Brett

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Judging from the previews, I'm not even sure I'd pay to see Jessica in the waterfall. The movie looks THAT bad. I mean, I could always wait about 2 days and then watch the scene on ehowa.com, right? Well, regardless of what I say here, I'll probably wind up seeing it, because the girlfriend wants to. ~sigh~ And for the record, if you say, "No," to a Puerto Rican girl, be prepared for some repercussions...

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Man, and I thought they both looked like decent flicks on their previews. I think some of you forget that movies are more about entertainment than "reality."

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
eddie said:
Dude... the sound those Tri-Pods made was worth it: scary as hell... kind of like Close Encounters of the Third Kind, except evil and twisted.

/Threadjack

Agree on the scarry @ss sound. I wish i could get that as my cell phone ringer.

Ryoukai

jboomer said:
Man, and I thought they both looked like decent flicks on their previews. I think some of you forget that movies are more about entertainment than "reality."

When you're pulling down $6 an hour as a busboy, it's sort of hard to justify seeing a ****ty movie when I had to work an hour and a half to be irritated for that hour and a half of movie time. Also, the more money you spend on "entertaining" movies, the more they will make "entertaining" movies. I'd much prefer to watch a good movie, but that could just be me being a dick.

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
Ryoukai said:
Also, the more money you spend on "entertaining" movies, the more they will make "entertaining" movies. I'd much prefer to watch a good movie, but that could just be me being a dick.

Agreed. I don't even think Stealth looks entertaining. I think it looks dumb. I have no interest in seeing it. I do have an interest in seeing War of the Worlds (as someone else mentioned early)...that looks entertaining.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw Red Flag in IMAX. There was some CGI that wasn't necessary, but most of the flying footage was good. The weapon impacts were quite good. The part where he is tagged for the downed airman SAREX brought back memories. I was the downed airman in a Fallon expercise years ago. Very impressive being on the ground and the center of all that attention. That was my first helo ride too. They helo bubbas transitioned to forward flight to bug out with me still hanging in the horse collar. Way cool. Buzzing the "ranches" hanging out the door in a gunners belt was fun too. You know those girls are tanned all over? Never been to Red Flag but having been to Fallon a few times it wasn't hard to spot the contrived stuff. Still, a pretty good primer for folks that have no idea what we do/did.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
Saw Red Flag in IMAX. There was some CGI that wasn't necessary, but most of the flying footage was good. The weapon impacts were quite good. The part where he is tagged for the downed airman SAREX brought back memories. I was the downed airman in a Fallon expercise years ago. Very impressive being on the ground and the center of all that attention. That was my first helo ride too. They helo bubbas transitioned to forward flight to bug out with me still hanging in the horse collar. Way cool. Buzzing the "ranches" hanging out the door in a gunners belt was fun too. You know those girls are tanned all over? Never been to Red Flag but having been to Fallon a few times it wasn't hard to spot the contrived stuff. Still, a pretty good primer for folks that have no idea what we do/did.
Yeah, they're playing that here too. I saw the trailer and was unimpressed. I've been to many a Red Flag and none of it looked anything like what I saw in the movie. I realize that burning holes in the sky waiting to push does not an exciting movies make, but even the A/A stuff was silly. I'm assuming they didn't have audio of the overwealmed AWACS guy going to pieces, or the frantic dec calls from OCA as they get their asses handed to them by Red Air. :D

Good times,

Brett

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I thought War of the Worlds was pretty good, too. I agree with Fly that it was better to watch a "regular Joe" experience an alien invasion instead of Billy Badass killing everything that moves.

Ditto on the sound...one of the creepiest movie audio clips ever...especially in a really decent theater.

Ryoukai

metro said:
I thought War of the Worlds was pretty good, too. I agree with Fly that it was better to watch a "regular Joe" experience an alien invasion instead of Billy Badass killing everything that moves.

Ditto on the sound...one of the creepiest movie audio clips ever...especially in a really decent theater.

Have you ever seen any other movies to compare this with? If you haven't (or were homeschooled) then I guess it's ok. Otherwise....yeah, it wasn't so hot. Steve tried to do too much and failed at the majority of it. Especially the end...those of you who have seen it know what I'm talking about. I don't want to spoil the movie for anybody who has yet to see it (god knows why you would) but if you'd like to discuss why this movie was somewhere between watching paint dry and slowly bleeding to death, PM me.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just really sour that I spent money on that film. I feel tricked and humiliated. I'm very curious as to what you feel made it a reasonable film.

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
Yeah, they're playing that here too. I saw the trailer and was unimpressed. I've been to many a Red Flag and none of it looked anything like what I saw in the movie. I realize that burning holes in the sky waiting to push does not an exciting movies make, but even the A/A stuff was silly. I'm assuming they didn't have audio of the overwealmed AWACS guy going to pieces, or the frantic dec calls from OCA as they get their asses handed to them by Red Air. :D

Good times,

Brett

I saw it with a college buddy who spent some time on AWACS, he got frowned at for laughing at the AWACS scene because of how calm and quiet it was.

I also like how they started talking about and showing clips of all the differnt groups and aircraft that had come to Red Flag, but strangely enough didnt make any mention about the big spine F-16's with those big Blue six sided stars painted on them.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, I have to admit the AWACS scenes were some of the most staged. My son asked me if that is what AWACS was like and I told him it was almost the opposite. Funny they picked a F-15 guy to highlight and then spent all the time on missions that the F-15 doesn't do. They implied he, their star, particpated in actual bombings. Still, the actual flying scenes look cool on an IMAX screen. Let the rubes believe what they want. They will get flamed when they come up on Air Warriors and ask some stupid question based on a Hollywood impression. :D