• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I've Learned in Flight Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what have you learned, unrelated to actual training, while you were in training or now that you're winged?

Me? I learned that Southerners have not a friggin clue in hell what pizza should be. I also learned about the great art of BBQ... praise the South for that!

Oh, and country concerts are where the really hot girls go... not rock concerts.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, if the southerners make crazy pizza it's at least partially 'cause flight students order it! Ever been to O-zone in Pensacola? Every time I go there I think I'm the only guy that gets a real pizza instead of some pineapple-tomato-spinach-peanut abortion . . .

and as for the country concerts, you can hardly fault them for having good taste in music! :D

As for other lessons, let's see . . .
- Oddly enough, there are plenty of people in the south who don't talk with a Southern accent. Disclaimer: This may just be a Florida thing.
- Pensacolians cannot drive safely, regardless of their age. If you think you cut it close at a yellow light, try explaining it to the 3 people who just buzzed through behind you.
- Hurricanes suck. Be far far away when they hit, not smack-dab in the middle. Unlike tornadoes, hurricanes don't just trash a few city blocks. They trash the whole freaking city.
- Shiner Bock tastes like turpentine. Yet people from Texas still have a fetish for it.
- $50 taxi rides back to the Whiting Q from Seville are doable if you split them 3 ways.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Dude, if the southerners make crazy pizza it's at least partially 'cause flight students order it! Ever been to O-zone in Pensacola? Every time I go there I think I'm the only guy that gets a real pizza instead of some pineapple-tomato-spinach-peanut abortion . . .

It's not that they make crazy pizza, it's that they make sh!t pizza. I went to O-Zone, I wasn't impressed. I want my pizza to be one of three ways.... thin-crust NY, deep-dish Chicago, or uber-thin crust Mahgerita (sp?). The abortions (I'm stealing that from you) they make down here is atrocious. Mind you, it's similar to trash New England "House of Pizza" places as well. There is a decent place in Meridian that has a NY style, thank god. I hadn't had that kind of pizza since being up North.

I'd KILL to eat at a Bertucci's... but NOOOO they don't exist here. *sigh*

and as for the country concerts, you can hardly fault them for having good taste in music! :D

Oh, I love Country music, don't get me wrong :)

KBayDog

Having the Whiting Pines package store within crawling distance on Sundays is a good, good thing.

It really sucks when your neighbor decides to mow his lawn, thus making your lawn suddenly look like crap. It would be much better if both lawns were left untouched.

Mexican and Italian restaurants should not be under the same ownership, and especially not in the same building.

Whomever is to blame for not reopening the McDonalds at NASP must not be an Economics major. (Or is an Econ major in the Netherlands...)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Whomever is to blame for not reopening the McDonalds at NASP must not be an Economics major. (Or is an Econ major in the Netherlands...)

Seems like they're closing McDonald's on bases everywhere. The one here is no-longer, and I think there USED to be one at Whiting, but that's obviously not there. Damn them for trying to impose healthiness on us, we want our McDonalds!

Pags

N/A
pilot
nittany03 said:
Dude, if the southerners make crazy pizza it's at least partially 'cause flight students order it! Ever been to O-zone in Pensacola? Every time I go there I think I'm the only guy that gets a real pizza instead of some pineapple-tomato-spinach-peanut abortion

I'm not taking any crap about my pizza from someone who had never had sierra nevada :icon_wink

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags said:
I'm not taking any crap about my pizza from someone who had never had sierra nevada :icon_wink

I don't know if Nittany has had it or not, but I have, and it's trash. Sierra Nevada tastes like pine trees. Oddly enough, I like Gin though... go figure.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
--The food is ALWAYS better when you go on det, the flying's not. More often than not, it's (the food) the best thing about the det.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags is referring to widening my beer horizons a couple weekends ago. First time I'd had Sierra. Actually I thought it was pretty good, a little hoppy though. Never tasted the pine trees meself, maybe my nose was stuffed up. Guess it'd remind me of all the backpacking I wish I'd done recently . . .

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Youre going ont he wrong Dets Bro. Once you get to the fleet the dets are great flying and everyone is born again single, not in the cheat on your wife way but in the "I dont need a liberty chit from CINC House to go bozzing with the boys."

Pags

N/A
pilot
Fly Navy said:
I don't know if Nittany has had it or not, but I have, and it's trash. Sierra Nevada tastes like pine trees. Oddly enough, I like Gin though... go figure.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with Nittany on this one. Never tasted pine trees. But I do love hoppy beers, esp the IPAs.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Me? I learned that Southerners have not a friggin clue in hell what pizza should be.
Try Japan, want mayo and squid on that? I sh!t you not, baby friggin squid, nastiest stuff I have ever seen and smelled. Papa John's, where ya at?!?!?! Also the price, a medium size pie, 3500 YEN ($35), :eek: !

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Try Japan, want mayo and squid on that? I sh!t you not, baby friggin squid, nastiest stuff I have ever seen and smelled. Papa John's, where ya at?!?!?! Also the price, a medium size pie, 3500 YEN ($35), :eek: !

YACK!!! :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags said:
Yeah, I'm gonna agree with Nittany on this one. Never tasted pine trees. But I do love hoppy beers, esp the IPAs.

Hmm, well, I'll give it another shot, it was a few years ago and my beer tastes have much expanded. Maybe I'll like it now. Ever have Magic Hat #8? Vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.