• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01AUG2022 SNA/SNFO Board

BB Poison

Contributor
I think my math section is carrying the rest of my scores lol, I don't think I got any wrong on that one.
How about the HOTAS section? From my understanding that's the greatest influence on PFAR score. If you're planning on retaking (personally I think with the 5 on the PFAR if you're applying SNA you should) you should focus on that, as well as the UAV section. If you don't have a joystick and throttle, I would suggest getting one and practicing with the Jantzen sim and the UAV flashcards. I strongly suggest using the compass trick on the UAV section, I missed a few on my first test and was able to get all of them correct in under 2 seconds using that trick.

Jantzen sim: https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/

UAV flashcards: https://www.proprofsflashcards.com/story.php?title=_36014

Compass trick:

BorgImo

That's possible. I believe I didn't miss any math questions either and we have about the same oar and aqr scores. You do have an unusual score distribution. Are you only trying for SNA? I bet you pick up NFO with those scores.
Yeah, I think right now the goal is just SNA. I got some time before I graduate too, so I have time to do another test, and maybe if I can't pull up that PFAR score with that one I'd apply for NFO or SWO as well.

BorgImo

How about the HOTAS section? From my understanding that's the greatest influence on PFAR score. If you're planning on retaking (personally I think with the 5 on the PFAR if you're applying SNA you should) you should focus on that, as well as the UAV section. If you don't have a joystick and throttle, I would suggest getting one and practicing with the Jantzen sim and the UAV flashcards. I strongly suggest using the compass trick on the UAV section, I missed a few on my first test and was able to get all of them correct in under 2 seconds using that trick.

Jantzen sim: https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/

UAV flashcards: https://www.proprofsflashcards.com/story.php?title=_36014

Compass trick:
Wow I wish I had seen that video beforehand, that makes that whole UAV bit seem so simple.

Regarding the HOTAS, yeah that definitely seems like a good investment before I retest. Although strangely I didn't think I did too terrible on that one.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
I missed about 5 on the UAV section, so I know that hurt me, and I think I could have done better on the ANIT part. I'm thinking I can definitely study to fix the ANIT issue at least.
I posted some helpful stuff on the UAV section of the test in the ASTB gouge forum. Go back and study and you should get 100% on that section relatively easily.

Wow I wish I had seen that video beforehand, that makes that whole UAV bit seem so simple.

Regarding the HOTAS, yeah that definitely seems like a good investment before I retest. Although strangely I didn't think I did too terrible on that one.
Spending $100 on a hotas now could be the difference of tens of thousands in your lifetime. Also the ASTB prep app on Apple store has a great UAV simulator.

towleba

Pro-Rec Y SNFO FY24
Hey everyone! I have been dealing with a ton of issues with my recruiter (R1). He essentially told me that there was no May or August Boards, and the next one might not even be November, which is all just not true. I've reached out to another recruiter (R2), who is very confused at why recruiter #1 wouldn't submit me. Now he was trying to get my information from R1, but can't seem to get ahold of him. I just need someone who knows what's going on to submit me. I went to MEPS in October so I could have easily submitted for May if R1 just had his stuff together. Can someone tell me what they have gotten together for their package so that I can get as much out of the way on my own as possible?

R1 said three letters of recommendation, R2 says that is not required anymore. R2 says I need a motivational statement that will go on the APSR which he has not been able to specify where I get it. I assume I can download this on my own? I'm lost and incredibly frustrated, so hopefully someone here can help.

Update: I seem to have found the APSR. What else is going to go into the package?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone! I have been dealing with a ton of issues with my recruiter (R1). He essentially told me that there was no May or August Boards, and the next one might not even be November, which is all just not true. I've reached out to another recruiter (R2), who is very confused at why recruiter #1 wouldn't submit me. Now he was trying to get my information from R1, but can't seem to get ahold of him. I just need someone who knows what's going on to submit me. I went to MEPS in October so I could have easily submitted for May if R1 just had his stuff together. Can someone tell me what they have gotten together for their package so that I can get as much out of the way on my own as possible?

R1 said three letters of recommendation, R2 says that is not required anymore. R2 says I need a motivational statement that will go on the APSR which he has not been able to specify where I get it. I assume I can download this on my own? I'm lost and incredibly frustrated, so hopefully someone here can help.

Update: I seem to have found the APSR. What else is going to go into the package?
I am wondering if R1 was talking about the fact the May board is closed and that they are pushing everyone to the August board and that he doesn't think given what is going on you will even get to the August board? There is no November board listed, just October and that is only 2 months after the August one so I would take a wait and see. It may be possible that R1 just used bad phrasing.

Why didn't R2 just email you the APSR, if he is an OR that is something he should have ready to go.

towleba

Pro-Rec Y SNFO FY24
I am wondering if R1 was talking about the fact the May board is closed and that they are pushing everyone to the August board and that he doesn't think given what is going on you will even get to the August board? There is no November board listed, just October and that is only 2 months after the August one so I would take a wait and see. It may be possible that R1 just used bad phrasing.

Why didn't R2 just email you the APSR, if he is an OR that is something he should have ready to go.
R2 acted as though transferring me to be submitted through him wasn't that simple and he didn't send it to me for that reason. If it helps, I believe I am in another recruiting district..

Either way, the exact phrasing was "New message came out for pilot/NFO next open board is 01NOV22 kits due 17SEPT22"

exNavyOffRec

R2 acted as though transferring me to be submitted through him wasn't that simple and he didn't send it to me for that reason. If it helps, I believe I am in another recruiting district..

Either way, the exact phrasing was "New message came out for pilot/NFO next open board is 01NOV22 kits due 17SEPT22"
Boards always start on a Monday which is Oct 31st, and due dates are on a Friday which is Sept 16, now in 2021 Sept 17 was a Friday and Nov 1st was a Monday so I bet he was looking at 2021

1649296668663.png

towleba

Pro-Rec Y SNFO FY24
Boards always start on a Monday which is Oct 31st, and due dates are on a Friday which is Sept 16, now in 2021 Sept 17 was a Friday and Nov 1st was a Monday so I bet he was looking at 2021

View attachment 34818
Well isn't that nice. Could've submitted for the May boards... I'm so lost. Thanks for your help; time to get prepared for August! If I can ask for one more thing, I can't seem to find that document to which everyone is referring (the one you screenshotted), where do I go to link it? I know I could download it from here but where is this information?

Well isn't that nice. Could've submitted for the May boards... I'm so lost. Thanks for your help; time to get prepared for August! If I can ask for one more thing, I can't seem to find that document to which everyone is referring (the one you screenshotted), where do I go to link it? I know I could download it from here but where is this information?
It's on Mynavyhr, search "ocs"

tico50

New to this and have a few quick questions: 1) Is the ATSB given at MEPS stations or can you take at Navy Recruitment stations? 2) I have a PCSM score of 98 and AFOQT Pilot 98 GPA 3.47, around what do those translate to? 3) If I initiate the board package process in the next week, will make the August board?

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
New to this and have a few quick questions: 1) Is the ATSB given at MEPS stations or can you take at Navy Recruitment stations? 2) I have a PCSM score of 98 and AFOQT Pilot 98 GPA 3.47, around what do those translate to? 3) If I initiate the board package process in the next week, will make the August board?

Thanks!

1. ASTB is usually in the recruiting office.
2. ASTB is the only test used. ASVAB or other exams scores aren’t used or submitted.
3. Ask your recruiter, no one knows more than them.

When in doubt, reach out to your recruiter. If something doesn’t make sense, just ask. Don’t ever end a conversation with unanswered questions.

Last edited:

Dboom85

Banned

Thanks!
For making the august board it all depends on how proactive you are on submitting your package and if you get held up by meps at all which is a reoccurring theme for everyone. If you have any medical history of injuries or need to get lasik/prk I would guess you would not be able to make the august board. (Took me over a year to finally submit)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fib