• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Mouselovr

Contributor
At-board list tends to come out the week before the board is intending to meet. Its a list that comprises of names of every package that will be viewed.

Prior to the release of the list, a recruiter cannot check if your package will be there. They can verify the package was submitted which can be mixed up with “being at the board”.

Ruvo

I think he's talking about folks who put "N" in the submitted column. Just so we can get a better sense of what the scores are of people who have submitted their packages

WannaFlyHigh

Agreed, and when the AT board list comes out and the actual selection board results drop, let’s all resolve now to be adults and update our stuff, no matter the outcome, so that the next ones in line can get a good idea of what the current selection terrain looks like.

The last couple of board’s spreadsheets have had a lot of people bail on their data after results drop so we’re not even getting a clear picture of what the lines of demarcation are between packages that get selected and those that don’t, which is kind of the main purpose of the spreadsheet.
100% agree with this. The spread sheets are here to collect data for current and future applicants. Tryna help everyone out here.

hlhenriksen

Hey everyone, just got my package submitted last week and putting my info in the sheet now. Question for anyone that has any insight though, do medical waivers have any bearing on your application? I have what I feel like is a pretty inconsequential one but I never really thought about how it might actually affect my application until I saw it as a column in the spreadsheet

Ruvo

Hey everyone, just got my package submitted last week and putting my info in the sheet now. Question for anyone that has any insight though, do medical waivers have any bearing on your application? I have what I feel like is a pretty inconsequential one but I never really thought about how it might actually affect my application until I saw it as a column in the spreadsheet
I've heard they mainly take waivers into consideration if a package is on the edge of being competitive. I think the odds are you'll be fine with your scores.

luckynumbr27

I have my suspicions that it depends on the type of waiver as to whether it effects you getting a yes or no from the board. You can go through any of the historical spreadsheets of past boards and find plenty of Pro Rec Ys with a waiver, but I’ve noticed most of the time that when someone with an otherwise competitive package gets a no from the board, they usually have an Y in the waiver column. I could be wrong, but my assumption is that their waiver was something more consequential like age/serious medical/legal. If you don’t think your waiver is for anything serious, I’m betting you’ll be okay.

Edit: and after seeing your scores on the spreadsheet, I’m pretty well convinced that unless you robbed a bank or got a heart transplant, you’ll be okay ?

hlhenriksen

Edit: and after seeing your scores on the spreadsheet, I’m pretty well convinced that unless you robbed a bank or got a heart transplant, you’ll be okay ?

Haha yeah definitely nothing that serious. I think I'm just subconsciously searching for stupid things to be anxious about ?

njrecc

Haha yeah definitely nothing that serious. I think I'm just subconsciously searching for stupid things to be anxious about ?
I had to get a waiver for 2 scars on my back where a dermatologist removed 2 moles when I was a kid. Didn’t have any documentation on those procedures so was required to get the waiver. I haven’t been too worried about it, it’s so minor I can’t imagine it would be a deal breaker…..hopefully

hlhenriksen

I had to get a waiver for 2 scars on my back where a dermatologist removed 2 moles when I was a kid. Didn’t have any documentation on those procedures so was required to get the waiver. I haven’t been too worried about it, it’s so minor I can’t imagine it would be a deal breaker…..hopefully
Mine was for stuff as a kid too. Got some migraines, and then I had an inhaler for like a week when I had bronchitis. Hopefully for both of us they aren't too worried about small stuff from a while ago, I'd just be so disappointed if something like that ruined my chances ya know

exNavyOffRec

The board cannot see anything medical, it is not allowed.

luckynumbr27

You know, in light of this new information that the board cannot even see your medical and therefore having a waiver has no bearing on your chances of getting selected, perhaps we should delete that row from spreadsheet? Yay nay?