• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

kotn

they can see legal, moral or other waivers, just not medical.

So for purposes of the spreadsheet, do you guys recommend we put NO for the waiver column if it is just for medical?
I had to get a medical waiver and I have YES in that column right now.

Chase.Moyer

I was reading a lot of responses in regards to board dates. Just wanted to get clarity, according to the schedule there is an application date of September 17 which convenes November 1st. These dates are still correct?

exNavyOffRec

So for purposes of the spreadsheet, do you guys recommend we put NO for the waiver column if it is just for medical?
I had to get a medical waiver and I have YES in that column right now.
If you have a waiver column a yes should only be for things that can affect the boards decision, that would be anything but medical.

KnownForIt

If you have a waiver column a yes should only be for things that can affect the boards decision, that would be anything but medical.
The board might not be able to know exactly what your medical waiver is for, but if they have visibility to the fact that you have one then the column should probably stay. Just make it known in the sheet with a YM (Yes medical)

exNavyOffRec

The board might not be able to know exactly what your medical waiver is for, but if they have visibility to the fact that you have one then the column should probably stay. Just make it known in the sheet with a YM (Yes medical)
They do not, all they know is that if a person is being submitted to them for professional review they have been found medically qualified for that designator.

Privacy restriction do not allow for the board members to see any medical info.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
They do not, all they know is that if a person is being submitted to them for professional review they have been found medically qualified for that designator.

Privacy restriction do not allow for the board members to see any medical info.

Will the board not review my application at all if I'm not found to be medically qualified? And if so will the rejection tell me that the application was never reviewed by the board due to the medical disqualification?

exNavyOffRec

Will the board not review my application at all if I'm not found to be medically qualified? And if so will the rejection tell me that the application was never reviewed by the board due to the medical disqualification?
correct, if you are not found to be medically qualified NRC will not be able to send you to board, that is why they need a PQ letter in the application.

BDavis11

Contributor
If you weren’t medically qualified then your package wouldn’t make it to the board.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
correct, if you are not found to be medically qualified NRC will not be able to send you to board, that is why they need a PQ letter in the application.
Is this PQ letter something that my recruiter took care of when submitting my application? Or you're just stating your personal opinion the Navy oughta improve their process?

BDavis11

Contributor
Is this PQ letter something that my recruiter took care of when submitting my application? Or you're just stating your personal opinion the Navy oughta improve their process?
Should be. It’s a “Professionally Qualified” if I’m remembering correctly