• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Same here, ESO, CCC, LCPO and LPO had ZERO part on my applications process. I only need it my CO, CFL and security manager, I called all my interviews and did everything else my self.
As it should be! It shouldn’t be up to Enlisted personnel, Junior or Senior, who would make a good officer. There are some programs where that holds a lot of weight, but for what we are applying for it isn’t the enlisted perspective that the board cares to see, they’ll read that in your evals. Again, no offense to any of my COC, they have all been wonderful and I have the most respect for them. But they shouldn’t be the people to say I should or should not be recommended for OCS. That’s between myself and the CO, whether he wants to endorse me. I’ve seen a lot of people who rely heavily on they COC for this program, even route it through them and shit. It doesn’t necessarily hurt to do it that way, but is not required. I think it’s mainly to do with the vagueness of the instructions as it pertains to active duty. I personally found the checklist reasonably easy but I did have to bug Paul for the last year on at least a weekly basis to get clarification. Civilians have ORs who are supposed to do all that legwork for them to tell them what they need (although I’m gathering that they all aren’t so great) but we have no one but ourselves and if we are lucky some great mentors along the way. It’s tough but makes it so much more worth it when you click send to Paul with that completed application, and he tells you all looks good and that you’re on the November board ? even if i don’t get picked up, that shit right there was definitely a triumphant moment.

Magrey

As it should be! It shouldn’t be up to Enlisted personnel, Junior or Senior, who would make a good officer. There are some programs where that holds a lot of weight, but for what we are applying for it isn’t the enlisted perspective that the board cares to see, they’ll read that in your evals. Again, no offense to any of my COC, they have all been wonderful and I have the most respect for them. But they shouldn’t be the people to say I should or should not be recommended for OCS. That’s between myself and the CO, whether he wants to endorse me. I’ve seen a lot of people who rely heavily on they COC for this program, even route it through them and shit. It doesn’t necessarily hurt to do it that way, but is not required. I think it’s mainly to do with the vagueness of the instructions as it pertains to active duty. I personally found the checklist reasonably easy but I did have to bug Paul for the last year on at least a weekly basis to get clarification. Civilians have ORs who are supposed to do all that legwork for them to tell them what they need (although I’m gathering that they all aren’t so great) but we have no one but ourselves and if we are lucky some great mentors along the way. It’s tough but makes it so much more worth it when you click send to Paul with that completed application, and he tells you all looks good and that you’re on the November board ? even if i don’t get picked up, that shit right there was definitely a triumphant moment.
Agreed brother. CIVs have OR and sometimes they are not using them to the max extent posible.

Yokason

Y'all, so I was under the impression OCS physical was still run/situp/pushup, and only in the past week started doing run/plank/cadence-pushups

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hahahaha it's so much harder

Y'all, so I was under the impression OCS physical was still run/situp/pushup, and only in the past week started doing run/plank/cadence-pushups

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hahahaha it's so much harder

cadence push-up? seriously? do you know why theres a difference from 2 minute push / plank / run?

Busey96

I knew about the switch from situps to plank but haven’t heard anything about cadence push-ups. That blows. Sit-ups are wildly easy but planks aren’t toooo much harder, I’ve been doing them after my lifts/normal ab routine and just been bumping it up 5 seconds each week.

Yokason

cadence push-up? seriously? do you know why theres a difference from 2 minute push / plank / run?

I'm doing both*(both regular pushups and cadence) since it seems like that change could happen at any time. I have no clue the reasoning behind it. One of the more informed folk around here will have better info than me.

JoeBob1788

I'm doing both*(both regular pushups and cadence) since it seems like that change could happen at any time. I have no clue the reasoning behind it. One of the more informed folk around here will have better info than me.

pro tip: not everything the military does makes much sense. It’s not worse than corporate America, it’s just not much better.

at least it’ll be max of 60 instead of 84… 2 min of push-ups is 2 min of push-ups though, train a little differently by practicing cadence but it’ll suck the same amount.