• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

CCC’s tend to be some of the worst folks at any command, no offense to any NC’s on here. Some are great folks but the vast majority that I interacted with had taken some kind of personal vow to do as little work as possible and claim ignorance even in the face of a printed off Navadmin instructions right in their face lol. I’d show up with all of the footwork already done for what I wanted to do and I could see the disgust and annoyance in their eyes that they might have to simply ROUTE it. Had an NC master chief lie directly to my face that the navy didn’t allow what I wanted anymore and claimed there was a naval instruction on it that she didn’t have time to show me. I knew she was lying because 3 of my buddies a boat over were simultaneously doing the exact same thing I was trying and all got picked up for it.
CCC's get minimal training on officer programs, their focus is retention. I went through the command CCC course and we spent like half a day on officer programs and were told the command should have an officer designated as the POC for officer programs and the ESO will be involved as well.

I would not expect the CCC to know nor would I go to a CCC for help on officer programs.

Wind-Jammer

Someone send me an email if this list comes out, I’m leaving for Cancun for a week without my cell phone. The suspense will kill me. Lol

kotn

Someone send me an email if this list comes out, I’m leaving for Cancun for a week without my cell phone. The suspense will kill me. Lol

I went this past March and it was a blast!

You might want to reconsider not taking your cellphone. Or at least take an old cellphone/tablet. I remember there being several airport checkpoints that were much faster for people with cellphones. You scanned a QR code, filled a form, and showed it to Mexican customs. I think at some point (at the gate) I had to download an app as well to answer more covid related questions. Those without phones were slowed down significantly because they had to use the paper forms.

Just turn off mobile data so you don't get charged for overseas data rates. There's wifi pretty much everywhere out there. If you're worried about unsecured resort wifi, use a VPN.

BDavis11

Contributor
He is literally the only person that I have had any help from besides you fine folk. I have not had the best experience with my CCCs and I've talked to 3 of them. 10/10 would NOT recommend.
They never know anything. They sent me in circles in the very beginning when I tried to schedule the astb

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
I've been in 11 years....I know how to put together a package and read the instructions/requirements. I also have packages from prior enlisted that have picked up within the last year. I am on sea duty, married with 2 kids.....don't really have time to deal with a recruiter honestly.
Recruiters won't even give us AD folk the time of day anyways lol. I had some questions that no one in my COC could answer for me in my previous command before I transferred out here and the OR was just like oh your AD? Sorry I can't help you at all its completely different and I don't know anything related to AD applying for OCS. I was like okayyy then guess I'm on my own. I was able to figure everything out w/o an OR or honestly any help from my COC besides the necessities such as CFL signature, Security Manager signature and my CO's signature. I sought out my own interviewers and individuals for LORs. I never even routed my package through my COC, I submitted it by myself cause it isn't their business or decision, tbh. No disrespect for them. I actually kind of like how much control I had over it, unlike a lot of other packages in the Navy where you hope that the people above you don't lose it or change it, submit on time, etc. It's done completely independently from basically anyone in your command its allll you.

Good luck to you and your family! I'm in a very similar situation to you, hopefully you make it! I'm confirmed to be on the November board so I'll be over here stressing tf out for a while. Thankfully I'm about to deploy, so hopefully that takes my mind off of it?

Magrey

Recruiters won't even give us AD folk the time of day anyways lol. I had some questions that no one in my COC could answer for me in my previous command before I transferred out here and the OR was just like oh your AD? Sorry I can't help you at all its completely different and I don't know anything related to AD applying for OCS. I was like okayyy then guess I'm on my own. I was able to figure everything out w/o an OR or honestly any help from my COC besides the necessities such as CFL signature, Security Manager signature and my CO's signature. I sought out my own interviewers and individuals for LORs. I never even routed my package through my COC, I submitted it by myself cause it isn't their business or decision, tbh. No disrespect for them. I actually kind of like how much control I had over it, unlike a lot of other packages in the Navy where you hope that the people above you don't lose it or change it, submit on time, etc. It's done completely independently from basically anyone in your command its allll you.

Good luck to you and your family! I'm in a very similar situation to you, hopefully you make it! I'm confirmed to be on the November board so I'll be over here stressing tf out for a while. Thankfully I'm about to deploy, so hopefully that takes my mind off of it?
Same here, ESO, CCC, LCPO and LPO had ZERO part on my applications process. I only need it my CO, CFL and security manager, I called all my interviews and did everything else my self.