• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
I’m sorry, I think there are a few conversations going on here. Can you “reply” to the comment you are referring to please. Just easier to follow.
Also if I am reading this correctly, someone got results back from the Oct 2020 Board? Are they AD?
From what I understand that person got an unofficial OCS date, nothing else. No pro rec, no finsel, just a recruiter saying an OCS date. As I mentioned it’s best to just wait for official results.

soccerman816

From what I understand that person got an unofficial OCS date, nothing else. No pro rec, no finsel, just a recruiter saying an OCS date. As I mentioned it’s best to just wait for official results.

I understand it’s best to wait for official results, I believe it’s the best option to. As it is our only option. The reason I am asking is because my last pro rec y, my recruiter didn’t call me for 3 days after the results came in... I saw it on AW first and it prompted me to call. I.e. why I ask.

soccerman816

Yeah, just got in touch with my contact! They have released dates for my NRD! But no pro-rec letters yet! They don’t know why and they said that’s why no OR have made contact yet because they don’t have letters on file, only dates for classes. Mine was 06/2021

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Yeah, just got in touch with my contact! They have released dates for my NRD! But no pro-rec letters yet! They don’t know why and they said that’s why no OR have made contact yet because they don’t have letters on file, only dates for classes. Mine was 08/2020
Interesting! I’m very interested with dates being as far back as August... looks like if I’m selected I will have some planning to do!

any chance of you getting a copy of that list? Very unlikely but I figured I would ask lol

soccerman816

Interesting! I’m very interested with dates being as far back as August... looks like if I’m selected I will have some planning to do!

any chance of you getting a copy of that list? Very unlikely but I figured I would ask lol

My contact only had them for my NRD.

I will say the first thing out of their mouth was, and I quote, “Dammit, How the fuck did you know it before I called you again?! Your online forum is quick!” Haha

Last edited:

Ghost SWO

Contributor
This is all really strange that results are out only a week and a half later, second that the only indication of selection are OCS class dates? I think the reason is because people are jumping the gun and just looking for OCS class dates. I'd personally like to see my name on a list to confirm anything. An OCS date without my name on the selection list is meaningless. I think the OR's are also careful to only give notification whenever it's officially released.

soccerman816

This is all really strange that results are out only a week and a half later, second that the only indication of selection are OCS class dates? I think the reason is because people are jumping the gun and just looking for OCS class dates. I'd personally like to see my name on a list to confirm anything. An OCS date without my name on the selection list is meaningless. I think the OR's are also careful to only give notification whenever it's officially released.
For what it’s worth, I asked about that to, I said did everyone have a date? And she said no 4/6 on this board had dates, the other had nothing new.

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
Pre-COVID it wasn’t that uncommon to have them this soon. Maybe they worked out the hiccups they had on the last board. I’m on edge right now because I was told that my Skipper was looking for my contact info for some unknown reason and with these developments now I’m very curious what exactly he needs to talk to me about.

exNavyOffRec

Pre-COVID it wasn’t that uncommon to have them this soon. Maybe they worked out the hiccups they had on the last board. I’m on edge right now because I was told that my Skipper was looking for my contact info for some unknown reason and with these developments now I’m very curious what exactly he needs to talk to me about.
It was also at the beginning of the year that they went to releasing OCS dates with results, that is what was causing the major delay as that was a new process.

soccerman816

If I’m not mistaken, the last board had a bunch of AD guys notified this way because there was some controversy over who does the notification (chain of command or whatever the equivalent of the recruiting website for AD internally is). Once they were given notification, the direct commission pro rec letters were pushed out? Again you would have to go back to the boards forum and reread. But I think that was an issue. Ex officer recruiter would know I bet

Triumph_MAC

Maybe us AD folks will hear something back soon. I just wonder how it works with having a class date before our Skippers give NRC a release date. I wouldn't anticipate our names being on the list that has been discussed since ultimately it is up to the triad. Unless they have already been notified and are waiting to inform us once they get a confirmation of a school date.

TheCoon

Just another data point, but my recruiter is saying to just chill out and wait. He didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I’d have to agree with @Closet_plane here. We could wrap our minds into a pretzel trying to decipher every little change. I wouldn’t take anything too seriously until the official results start to roll out.

And yes, I’d be saying the same even if I had a date in the system. Maybe more cautiously optimistic than cautious, but still skeptical.

Mntman

Contributor
I talks to my OR this morning and without asking he told me that this board is a little different that previous boards. He said that this board met early because as of the beginning of November, they have switched to a new recruiting system that is similar to a stop light. Basically, if the navy needs that job (i.e. SWO, NFO, Pilot, Supply, Intel,...) the light will be green and anyone can apply for the board and will have a decent chance of getting picked up. If the navy only needs some people, the light will be yellow and it will be a very competitive board. If the navy doesn’t need any more people for that job, the light will be red and boards will be canceled until that light changes to yellow.

He specifically said that our board is going to have a higher than usual acceptance rate to finish out the quote and all boards for at least the next year for SNA, among others, will be cancelled.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt but it seems in line with what other have been hearing.

exNavyOffRec

I talks to my OR this morning and without asking he told me that this board is a little different that previous boards. He said that this board met early because as of the beginning of November, they have switched to a new recruiting system that is similar to a stop light. Basically, if the navy needs that job (i.e. SWO, NFO, Pilot, Supply, Intel,...) the light will be green and anyone can apply for the board and will have a decent chance of getting picked up. If the navy only needs some people, the light will be yellow and it will be a very competitive board. If the navy doesn’t need any more people for that job, the light will be red and boards will be canceled until that light changes to yellow.

He specifically said that our board is going to have a higher than usual acceptance rate to finish out the quote and all boards for at least the next year for SNA, among others, will be cancelled.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt but it seems in line with what other have been hearing.
This is no different than things have been done for at least a dozen years