• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Sep24 SNA/SNFO Board

LostGiant

I have heard horror stories but also…. Is it even worth it? Deff not when going in as an officer but I do know people who have gotten married for housing when they enlisted
Saw this happen a few times, only once have I seen it actually turn into a proper marriage. They are still married today with two kids and third in the way. Haha.

Anybody know if the SWO board had a much smaller applicant pool? Pretty confident we will get results this week, just wondering why the SWO results were a week faster.
I think someone said SWO got their results faster because they don't look as closely at their applicants packages. However, I would have no idea why that would affect things if the process is the same regardless of designator. Ie; they take 1-2 days to review packages then it gets sent up the CoC to be reviewed and approved along with assigning OCS dates.

WepInteg

I think someone said SWO got their results faster because they don't look as closely at their applicants packages. However, I would have no idea why that would affect things if the process is the same regardless of designator. Ie; they take 1-2 days to review packages then it gets sent up the CoC to be reviewed and approved along with assigning OCS dates.
I thought I saw someone say the opposite lol. That SNA/SNFO they just look at your scores and that's really all that matters where supply they do more of a whole person concept and they're looking at everything like degree GPA, LORs, Work Experience, etc

23brooks23

Retired Wr
I thought I saw someone say the opposite lol. That SNA/SNFO they just look at your scores and that's really all that matters where supply they do more of a whole person concept and they're looking at everything like degree GPA, LORs, Work Experience, etc
Yeah I heard SNA/SNFO was ASTB first then GPA and they’ll maybe look at LORs and stuff. So it’s supposed to be a quick glance and see if they’ll actually succeed in flight training. I’m just surprised that having one of the lowest amount of applicants in this board is having us wait this long. But maybe it’s because we had 3 boards going at once.

WepInteg

Yeah I heard SNA/SNFO was ASTB first then GPA and they’ll maybe look at LORs and stuff. So it’s supposed to be a quick glance and see if they’ll actually succeed in flight training. I’m just surprised that having one of the lowest amount of applicants in this board is having us wait this long. But maybe it’s because we had 3 boards going at once.
From what I've seen the recruiters on here say, the driving factor in it taking so long is the administrative work that needs to be done by the processors, they're doing a lot of administrative work for everyone in the Navy and most of that is probably higher priority than processing board results so no matter the amount of people at board its gonna take a while because they always have a lot more stuff that's higher priority.

Anyone know anybody who married their friend for the extra pay?
Ignoring the comically high number of short-lived, doomed marriages to high school sweethearts, I think I knew more people in the Army who married a purely platonic friend to get out of the barracks + the extra pay than I did people in the Army who actually got, you know, married married.

But @kelikei is right, it's definitely an enlisted phenomenon. Enlisted pay is lower of course, so the extra bucks from getting married make a far more appreciable difference to an E's paycheck than to an O's. And integrity is very important throughout the military, but I think it's inevitable and maybe even understandable that leadership is way more likely to turn a blind eye to the silly enlisted servicemembers' ethically questionable shenanigans than to a commissioned officer who might try to do the same. Plus, I think you could argue officers are also just a little more likely to be smart enough to keep quiet about it, frankly 🤷‍♂️

There's also just pure, unadulterated sympathy extended to some of the unwedded "joined later in life" enlisted folks who suddenly find themselves living in dorms/barracks with recent high school grads ~10 years younger than themselves, and who, unsurprisingly, want out of that situation as fast as possible.