• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04NOV24 SNA/NFO Board

Empire16

I mean NFO is still pretty damn cool as well! Not gonna lie. I would have been happy with getting selected for either. Best of luck to all of you.
Obviously its different, but still pretty awesome in its own regard.

WorldWar33.3

hmm... I wonder what made them over-select. I feel like they should have had a rough estimate on how many they can elect for each board since they also have to take into account those who get automatic qualifications and as well from USNA
It could be dependant on the board members. There have been boards with very high selections and very low selections.

Just take his word for it, bro.
Hey moto boy, if you feel the need to get confrontational about a file you legally cannot view, please take it to DMs.

Hello, I am looking to go pilot, waiting on an optometrist appointment to see my eligibility for eye surgery (NFO if I can’t). I have two years left in my degree program, although my recruiter says I can get the ball rolling now with the ASTB, then wait for medical. Should I be worried about pilot applications being closed?
If I were you, I'd focus on the ASTB first. Recovery from eye surgery will be around 6 months, even though realistically it's much shorter than that. Good luck on both!

AE35-17

Guys, MIL and CIV - quick brief. I found a file on Flankspeed that says application for Pilots are closed. It looks like a LOT of people got picked up for SNA this past year. I hate giving bad news, especially if it's something I am not an expert on, and I would also hate to lie to you and say pilot applications might be open when they're really not. That's not fair at all. I'm posting this now because bad news does NOT get better with time! I know this will be a really tough month-long wait for us, considering all the hard work we've put in to get to where we are now. If you have any further questions, let me know.
Stay strong and keep your heads up high 💪
Just to clarify application are closed, but does that mean the November board will not take any pilots or that this will be the last board that does this FY?

bmm17

hmm... I wonder what made them over-select. I feel like they should have had a rough estimate on how many they can elect for each board since they also have to take into account those who get automatic qualifications and as well from USNA
I would assume they received more well qualified applicants then they were expecting on the first couple of boards. Unless any of you are 31 and about to hit the age limit, I would take the time as a blessing to sort out your life, study, work or do anything else before you spend 2 to 3 years grinding flight school.

I haven't seen anything specific on flank speed saying applications are done for FY25 but I did say previously in the thread I've seen the quotas and it really looks like they already hit the mark. Last year they accepted 1 candidate over their goal, probably from I-SEL or ISPP. I'm not sure if 100% but the PA for ISPP does say if given your flags endorsement and quotas have been hit, NRC will adjust the quota accordingly and send you to OCS regardless.

exNavyOffRec

This has happened a few times, sometimes the board members just pick who they want and let the chips fall where they may, or they picked before hard goals came out, or they picked based on fewer boards vice the multiple boards with fewer selections per board. It also is probable that the numbers include people that haven't made a choice that were picked for multiple designators.

Empire16

Does anyone know if Marine Corp SNA slots would still be available? I may consider applying to both Navy and Marines.
Im not recruiter or anything, but based on what I have seen online yes there are slots available. Just know that they care more about your PFT score rather than your 8s or 9s on the ASTB.

WorldWar33.3

Does anyone know if Marine Corp SNA slots would still be available? I may consider applying to both Navy and Marines.
If you can hold a plank for 3:45, do 23 pullups, and run 3 miles in about 18-20 minutes, you'll be good. When I was going through their poolee program, the Commandant limited USMC SNA slots to a minimum to focus on littoral combat.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I was applying on a similar board to this one first time around. After the board met, pilots were still taken but it was limited for sure. It was the July 2022 board if any of you all want to go back and look at that board. The word on the street for that board was similar to this one, and they closed pilot/NFO for 5 months before reopening it again after that board convened. Meaning you literally could not submit a packet for pilot/NFO during that time and I-SEL was not around then so we all waited and it paid off!

I am a prior SNA from OCS, came home for medical reasoning with a DD-785, recovered from surgery well, and got my waiver approved way before the waiver guide said! Very thankful for that, but now I have to go up for review again on this board! I’m in a different situation than most but still have to go up for review!

Best of luck!

awindz9

I was applying on a similar board to this one first time around. After the board met, pilots were still taken but it was limited for sure. It was the July 2022 board if any of you all want to go back and look at that board. The word on the street for that board was similar to this one, and they closed pilot/NFO for 5 months before reopening it again after that board convened. Meaning you literally could not submit a packet for pilot/NFO during that time and I-SEL was not around then so we all waited and it paid off!

I am a prior SNA from OCS, came home for medical reasoning with a DD-785, recovered from surgery well, and got my waiver approved way before the waiver guide said! Very thankful for that, but now I have to go up for review again on this board! I’m in a different situation than most but still have to go up for review!

Best of luck!
Did you have to wait the normal time for the results to come out after the july board, or did they tell you immediately after the board convened it was closed for all pilots & NFOs?

Empire16

Best of luck!
What surgery if you don’t mind saying ?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Did you have to wait the normal time for the results to come out after the july board, or did they tell you immediately after the board convened it was closed for all pilots & NFOs?
The results if I remember correctly was the standard within 3-weeks of convening. I was on that board and didn’t get selected…. Found out afterwards it was completely closed, and I waited about 5 months or so gauged the first board since then, saw a lot of people picked up, and went up on the next one and was selected.

At first I was upset with having to wait so long, but during that time I retook the ASTB went from a 6/7/7 to a 7/8/7, took a promotion at work, built flying hours, and had a much stronger packet.

The time flew by and next thing you know a year and a half later felt like a week and I was in 10 degree snowy weather at OCS! (I’m from AZ LOL)

Last edited:

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
What surgery if you don’t mind saying ?
Back surgery, now some people at OCS are able to stay, and get the surgery, then roll back into the next class. It just depends on the type of surgery. I knew a couple people in the student pool who had surgery at OCS, Navy took care of it, and they went back into the next class once cleared/passed PRT again.

I was in a unique situation, still am in a unique situation, you hear a lot of people say “stay the course, keep your head up” and that is 100% true. If you want something bad enough there is always a way! You just have to build your network, remain on course, and work harder than anyone else!

I just need approval from the aviation board members to return to OCS now, and I’m going up in front of this board. Now it is medical related, it’s usually a no brainer, but still I have to prove that I am the same/more improved person that I was when I was selected as an SNA