• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04NOV24 SNA/NFO Board

WorldWar33.3

Guys, MIL and CIV - quick brief. I found a file on Flankspeed that says application for Pilots are closed. It looks like a LOT of people got picked up for SNA this past year. I hate giving bad news, especially if it's something I am not an expert on, and I would also hate to lie to you and say pilot applications might be open when they're really not. That's not fair at all. I'm posting this now because bad news does NOT get better with time! I know this will be a really tough month-long wait for us, considering all the hard work we've put in to get to where we are now. If you have any further questions, let me know.
Stay strong and keep your heads up high 💪

Last edited:
Guys, MIL and CIV - quick brief. I found a file on Flankspeed that says application for Pilots are closed. It looks like a LOT of people got picked up for SNA this past year. I hate giving bad news, especially if it's something I am not an expert on, and I would also hate to lie to you and say pilot applications might be open when they're really not. That's not fair at all. I'm posting this now because bad news does NOT get better with time! I know this will be really tough month-long for us, considering all the hard work we've put in to get to where we are now. If you have any further questions, let me know.
Appreciate the info

WorldWar33.3

I guess if it's true it'll give me more time to prepare and take care of my guys before I go. I just hope the FY26 conditional release would be approved. I'd better get to routing it soon.
There's always a silver lining. If I don't get picked up for anything this time, I'm going to try giving ISPP another chance and getting more collaterals. You can't be released until FY26?

NKMess

There's always a silver lining. If I don't get picked up for anything this time, I'm going to try giving ISPP another chance and getting more collaterals. You can't be released until FY26?
No, I just consider myself to be lucky to get that Fy25 release. I guess having a FY24 and FY25 release I have a pretty good precedent to get FY26, the possibility of getting denied on that basis just worries me. Please keep us posted about ISPP, and if you hear anything from Paul.

motoboy259

Guys, MIL and CIV - quick brief. I found a file on Flankspeed that says application for Pilots are closed. It looks like a LOT of people got picked up for SNA this past year. I hate giving bad news, especially if it's something I am not an expert on, and I would also hate to lie to you and say pilot applications might be open when they're really not. That's not fair at all. I'm posting this now because bad news does NOT get better with time! I know this will be a really tough month-long wait for us, considering all the hard work we've put in to get to where we are now. If you have any further questions, let me know.
Please share data for everyone to see.

MARTY TARTY

Stay strong and keep your heads up high
i'm also interested in that file you found!

MARTY TARTY

hmm... I wonder what made them over-select. I feel like they should have had a rough estimate on how many they can elect for each board since they also have to take into account those who get automatic qualifications and as well from USNA

thebuns100

Hello, I am looking to go pilot, waiting on an optometrist appointment to see my eligibility for eye surgery (NFO if I can’t). I have two years left in my degree program, although my recruiter says I can get the ball rolling now with the ASTB, then wait for medical. Should I be worried about pilot applications being closed?