• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

II Sevv

Also, WRITE DOWN your emergency procedures. I did, and I dropped the joystick and was able to clear each emergency within about a second of it popping up. I got a 9 on this section so I have a feeling that the scoring system more heavily weights the dichotic listening and emergency clearing. Others have also said to tilt your head in the direction of the ear to listen to, but I found this extremely unhelpful as it completely threw off my ability to accurately track both objects on the screen. I just mentally focused on one ear and had no issues. The only time I might have pressed the wrong button is when I couldn’t distinguish between a number and a letter that sounded extremely similar

II Sevv

Another tip for the tracking: my throttle had a horrible dead spot in the middle, then started to move extremely fast once off center. As a result I wasn’t able to perfectly track the vertically moving object as I would overshoot its position. Instead, I modulated it up and down slightly, “covering” the target, and this also made it much easier to just watch it out of my peripheral vision and focus more on the 2 axis joystick target.

Sauceboss313

ProRec-Y SNA Aug 13th 2023
Another tip for the tracking: my throttle had a horrible dead spot in the middle, then started to move extremely fast once off center. As a result I wasn’t able to perfectly track the vertically moving object as I would overshoot its position. Instead, I modulated it up and down slightly, “covering” the target, and this also made it much easier to just watch it out of my peripheral vision and focus more on the 2 axis joystick target.
I had the same experience when I did it last year. I believe there is a curvature setting built into the throttle so the upper and lower limits would travel faster than inputs near neutral.

Sauceboss313

ProRec-Y SNA Aug 13th 2023
I came to find out that my testing date was set on a federal holiday today (Juneteenth) and there was no one there when I arrived. Didn't get a message about it from the OR until a few hours later. Date was moved to next week.

jew56

I came to find out that my testing date was set on a federal holiday today (Juneteenth) and there was no one there when I arrived. Didn't get a message about it from the OR until a few hours later. Date was moved to next week.
The exact same situation happened to me too! Test date pushed to next week. Positive side is that’s another week of studying and preparing.

S.B.H.W.M

I took the ASTB-E a while back and spent a decent amount of time studying all the material for the OAR and ANIT portions of the test. I feel sort of ready but I can't find sufficient practice test materials online to test my abilities. Anyone got any suggestions?

Dwaldron924

Quick question for y’all. I’ve been told by my OSO I need to get a 56-60 on my ASTB score to be picked up for the October board. I have taken the ASTB once and bombed my first attempt. The upside is I am physically qualified with no waivers and took my first test after meps(made for one long day). My college GPA was a 2.5, didn’t study as hard as I should have back then, that being said, if I can increase my score even with my GPA do I have a fighting chance at getting selected for NFO in October?

Mouselovr

Contributor
Quick question for y’all. I’ve been told by my OSO I need to get a 56-60 on my ASTB score to be picked up for the October board. I have taken the ASTB once and bombed my first attempt. The upside is I am physically qualified with no waivers and took my first test after meps(made for one long day). My college GPA was a 2.5, didn’t study as hard as I should have back then, that being said, if I can increase my score even with my GPA do I have a fighting chance at getting selected for NFO in October?
Your OAR score is no where near as important as your ASTB score. ASTB score is what gets you picked up

Reactions: ADP

exNavyOffRec

OSO? do you mean OR? it is your FOFAR you need to do well on for SNFO

avreeanderson

Taking the ASTB for the second time this upcoming Monday. First attempt was back in April 2020 (57 OAR 6/5/5). Spent the last 2 or so weeks studying 2-4 hours a day. A lot of time on the UAV flash cards, ANIT flash cards, and jantex sim. I've also taken pretty much every practice test I can get my hands on. Does anyone have math/mechanical tests that might not be so mainstream (ie. Kyle's guide) that they would be willing to share? Thanks in advance!

Dwaldron924

Taking the ASTB for the second time this upcoming Monday. First attempt was back in April 2020 (57 OAR 6/5/5). Spent the last 2 or so weeks studying 2-4 hours a day. A lot of time on the UAV flash cards, ANIT flash cards, and jantex sim. I've also taken pretty much every practice test I can get my hands on. Does anyone have math/mechanical tests that might not be so mainstream (ie. Kyle's guide) that they would be willing to share? Thanks in advance!
I was reccomended a GRE math prep book for the math section, I myself am searching for a math tutor since I’m very rusty on my mathematics.