• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

exNavyOffRec

Just took the OAR and got 53. Very dissapointed given I studied for 2 weeks using Barron’s and another test prep book. The math section was basically the same as what I studied but the Reading and Mechanical Comprehension portions were significantly harder than what I had been practicing with.

My degree is a BA in Intelligence Analysis, 3.95 gpa. Looking to apply for 183X. Was told by the recruiter that my score was competitive and that I should submit but I don’t know…

I can retake the OAR in 30 days but the IWC Intel Proboard package is due Oct 7th. Assuming I retake, that would give me around 2 months to put together the OCS package.

In any case, I’m glad I know about this forum now. Would appreciate any insights as to whether or not I should just submit or retake.
no one will care about your OAR, submit.

Sneedful

Really? I thought OAR was weighted pretty heavily. Excuse me if I’m wrong on this, I don’t know much about the inner machinations of the board process or how different aspects of a package are considered against each other.

II Sevv

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between these two.
View attachment 35650View attachment 35651

So on the first one, the North carpark would be A but on the one, with the map, the N carpark would be C and that's where I'm confused. How come the UAV is heading in the same direction they are different?

Please help!
They’re not heading the same direction. The small end of the yellow triangle is the direction you’re heading. So the second one is heading southeast.

OptionsDollaraire

Hello everyone,

So on the first one, the North carpark would be A but on the one, with the map, the N carpark would be C and that's where I'm confused. How come the UAV is heading in the same direction they are different?

Please help!
That doesn't sound correct at all. 1 is B and 2 is D.

Scrandall

Hello Everyone,
So I got a 51 6/6/6 on my ASTB (first attempt) and was considering retaking the test from reading through some forums and excel docs.

My question is, would it be smarter to just go ahead and apply before a retake and risk the likely no but still have two more applications and tests left after this one? If I do retake the test without applying this would mean I only have one application and test left if I did get a no, is that correct?
Thanks

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Hello Everyone,
So I got a 51 6/6/6 on my ASTB (first attempt) and was considering retaking the test from reading through some forums and excel docs.

My question is, would it be smarter to just go ahead and apply before a retake and risk the likely no but still have two more applications and tests left after this one? If I do retake the test without applying this would mean I only have one application and test left if I did get a no, is that correct?
Thanks
Are you applying SNA or NFO?

layan

For the mechanical section, I saw that people have said it is more concept-based, but there are still problems where you have to do calculations. Can anyone elaborate on this? What are the usual types of problems that are concept-based, and what are the usual type of problems that you would calculate? What formulas should I be very familiar with, and are the formulas provided?

WhiteLotus5125

Hello everyone,

Please help!
The "UAV" will always be oriented in your view with true North at the top, in between car parks D & A. It's your job to reorient yourself and align the front of the UAV with where the arrow is pointing on the map. Then choose the correct car park that it's asking you to identify. So, for that second one, you would want to imagine yourself in that UAV heading SE, and then since its asking you to image the North lot... North will be at your 8 o'clock since you're heading SE... which is car park C.