• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

fearedengineer

So Warriors, I have the opportunity to take my final ASTB and still secure an air contract. I would have to take it on Nov 6th.

From my RO: "We would get you selected as ground on the board. Then, we would get your passing ASTB score. Followed by getting your flight physical. Finally we would submit the component change, from ground to air, prior to you shipping to OCS. If we miss this board I would most likely not be able to get you to OCS until September/October of 2024."

What do you gentlemen think? This vs gunning for a competitive slot in TBS.
Good Luck! but seeing how you give good tips and pretty much know the ins and outs of the ASTB. Pretty sure you will Ace it. Btw when is the deadline for marines next board? I know the Navy is this upcoming Friday.

fearedengineer

To those that have taken the ASTB which resources helped prepare for the ANIT the most? Right now I am using flashcards online, ASTB prep app, Momentrix prep book, Test prep book, and Barron MFAT(haven't started yet). The Tests Prep Book IMO sucks the most. To those that used it did alot of the material appear in the test? Momentrix was the first resource I used it was short but I feel like I learned alot but at the same time it lacked alot of material. The ASTB Prep App also was good and I enjoyed the practice quiz at the end of each section. I plan on taking my test before 11/3 but right now I don't feel like I am quite ready for ANIT or mechanics.

MotorCookie

To those that have taken the ASTB which resources helped prepare for the ANIT the most? Right now I am using flashcards online, ASTB prep app, Momentrix prep book, Test prep book, and Barron MFAT(haven't started yet). The Tests Prep Book IMO sucks the most. To those that used it did alot of the material appear in the test? Momentrix was the first resource I used it was short but I feel like I learned alot but at the same time it lacked alot of material. The ASTB Prep App also was good and I enjoyed the practice quiz at the end of each section. I plan on taking my test before 11/3 but right now I don't feel like I am quite ready for ANIT or mechanics.
For ANIT, I used these:

Cram Flash cards - https://www.cram.com/flashcards/astb-aviation-nautical-information-test-anit-comprehensive-4718163

MIT Ground School (First 5 videos)-

This Document - https://www.docdroid.net/lcskjWO/air-warriors-study-material-1-docx

dav246

I read and took notes on the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge too. There is a document in Kyles Drive (find it) that highlights chapters to focus on if you want to save yourself the trouble of sorting out whats relevant and what isn't. I just picked and choosed chapters myself, and what I ended up reading ended up matching pretty close to Kyles recomendations.

MotorCookie

Is this accurate? Thinking about memorizing what to do for the test.
Yeah, it looks like it's accurate based on my notes from the test. But I would do what @flyORdie said.

If you plan on memorizing the procedures, make sure you know which knob is fuel and which is power. Would be really detrimental if you got them memorized backwards. According to my notes, the E knob (knob on top) is fuel and the I knob (knob on bottom) is power. I don't know if the test switches them every time someone takes the test or what, so be careful!

fearedengineer

To those using the ASTB prep app, what are you averaging on the terrain ID section? Using the most current update of the app. I am averaging 15/20. I feel like I have the hang of it but the maps where it isn't rigid and tricky difficult landmarks get me. I was averaging 18/20 before the big terrain update which made me realize I am not as good as I thought lol.

Last edited:

dav246

To those using the ASTB prep app, what are you averaging on the terrain ID section? Using the most current update of the app. I am averaging 15/20. I feel like I have the hang of it but the maps where it isn't rigid and tricky difficult landmarks get me. I was averaging 18/20 before the big terrain update which made me realize I am not as good as I thought lol.
Same, been averaging 16/20 with the new update.