• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Hopefulmustang

I recently took the ASTB, not super proud of my scores but I went in over confident of my abilities and just burned a try. Anyway, since Ive been studying every day now and my retake is in 3 weeks, I wanted to ask if anyone else had the same reading comprehension on the actual ASTB that I did where there was no question asked at the beginning, but rather just 4 answers with statements regarding the passage. Im studying using the ASTB prep app and for that section in particular there are questions before the prompt but the test I took a month ago wasn’t like that. Just curious, the app is great so far.

dav246

Yeah, it looks like it's accurate based on my notes from the test. But I would do what @flyORdie said.

If you plan on memorizing the procedures, make sure you know which knob is fuel and which is power. Would be really detrimental if you got them memorized backwards. According to my notes, the E knob (knob on top) is fuel and the I knob (knob on bottom) is power. I don't know if the test switches them every time someone takes the test or what, so be careful!
So Cookie, I plan on using this method during it tomorrow, that is, setting the knobs before the emergency announcement, and I wonder, for the first one can I preset before I even start, or do I have to wait until I pass go?

MotorCookie

So Cookie, I plan on using this method during it tomorrow, that is, setting the knobs before the emergency announcement, and I wonder, for the first one can I preset before I even start, or do I have to wait until I pass go?
Not entirely sure but I believe that test asks you to set the knobs to neutral before beginning.

Good luck tomorrow dude, crush it

dav246

Well warriors, heres the news:

First of all, I scored a 7/8/8 54 on my final attempt. The Marines like those scores, and so do I.

Next step is NOMI physical which we will be getting to ASAP, otherwise I have been dropped for this cycle and will be aiming for the next one. Now I am going to get absolutely thrashed and take the day off tomorrow.

DBM

First of all, I scored a 7/8/8 54 on my final attempt. The Marines like those scores, and so do I.

Next step is NOMI physical which we will be getting to ASAP, otherwise I have been dropped for this cycle and will be aiming for the next one. Now I am going to get absolutely thrashed and take the day off tomorrow.
Aye congrats man. Glad it all worked out.

fearedengineer

Great Job dude I knew you would do well. You definitely could get picked for the Navy if you wanted. Was the reading section bad? I had a friend who recently took it and said that prep didn't help and it threw him off the most, which surprised me because he reads alot and was a liberal arts major. Also, what the heck is a NOMI?

dav246

Great Job dude I knew you would do well. You definitely could get picked for the Navy if you wanted. Was the reading section bad? I had a friend who recently took it and said that prep didn't help and it threw him off the most, which surprised me because he reads alot and was a liberal arts major. Also, what the heck is a NOMI?
Nah Marines all the way my dude. But I was happy to see actual competitive scores.

I have no advice for the reading, I didn't even study for it. Just hyperfocus for 30 minutes and read everything stupidly literal.

NOMI(May be spelling it wrong) is that extra special fudge coated super duper flight specific medical/physical screening that you also have to pass in order to fly.

MotorCookie

VtrhRpN.jpg

Hell yeah dude congrats!!!

MotorCookie

I recently took the ASTB, not super proud of my scores but I went in over confident of my abilities and just burned a try. Anyway, since Ive been studying every day now and my retake is in 3 weeks, I wanted to ask if anyone else had the same reading comprehension on the actual ASTB that I did where there was no question asked at the beginning, but rather just 4 answers with statements regarding the passage. Im studying using the ASTB prep app and for that section in particular there are questions before the prompt but the test I took a month ago wasn’t like that. Just curious, the app is great so far.
In the reading comprehension section they want you to choose the answer that best summarizes the passage.

Are you only using the app to study? If so, I recommend you start using a lot more study material.

Last edited:

lucasleny

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the forum but I've been using it for months now (slowly preparing since I moved over from France and tried to prep as much as I could before moving) and I'm planning on taking the test in 2-3 weeks. I was curious if anyone could gauge what my scores could be?

On the ANIT Flashcards from Cram.com I've been averaging about 90%+ correct and getting 100 distance from target and 120 distance from throttle target on the Jantzen simulator. My UAV pacing has been just under 2 seconds on Cram.com. I've yet to practice the TI portion since I just discovered they added it.

Is there anything else I should be studied for the ANIT that isn't in those flashcards, notably FAA regulations or history? Just worried I'll go to take the test and find out I'm wildly unprepared?

fearedengineer

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the forum but I've been using it for months now (slowly preparing since I moved over from France and tried to prep as much as I could before moving) and I'm planning on taking the test in 2-3 weeks. I was curious if anyone could gauge what my scores could be?

On the ANIT Flashcards from Cram.com I've been averaging about 90%+ correct and getting 100 distance from target and 120 distance from throttle target on the Jantzen simulator. My UAV pacing has been just under 2 seconds on Cram.com. I've yet to practice the TI portion since I just discovered they added it.

Is there anything else I should be studied for the ANIT that isn't in those flashcards, notably FAA regulations or history? Just worried I'll go to take the test and find out I'm wildly unprepared?
"I've been averaging about 90%+ correct and getting 100 distance from target and 120 distance from throttle target on the Jantzen simulator" Is it on HARD mode and are using a stick? If so you are good to go. Almost everyone with that score on HARD gets 8/9 on that section.
Also what stick are you using? X52 will prepare you the most. I started using a $60 throttle and stick(I think thrustmaster) and did fairly well. But after switching to X52 I struggled again and it took a week to get fairly well again.
The flashcards are alright but you should read or watch any lecture so that you have a solid foundation. The ANIT has a lot of material that ranges from navy procedures, history, rules, physics, diagrams, and most importantly flight info. I recommend investing in prep books/apps and doing practice exams on those. That way you have a better idea of where you stand on that section.