• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

dav246

Hi. What is this app that you guys are talking about about?

Theres other versions for other platforms by this point because twoscoops is an absolute boss, but this is the one. Worth every penny, and I would argue the most valuable resource for ASTB prep. If you have any issues with it he is also pretty active on the forums.

JMesa

Hello, brand new here. I took the ASTB in the fall and got a 6-7-6, and I am considering retaking it. Currently, I have a 3.6 GPA in political science. My commissioning route is ROTC. Any advice? How competitive is my current package without a retake? Have a great day!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello, brand new here. I took the ASTB in the fall and got a 6-7-6, and I am considering retaking it. Currently, I have a 3.6 GPA in political science. My commissioning route is ROTC. Any advice? How competitive is my current package without a retake? Have a great day!

I would bounce this with your aviation advisor and possibly other senior midshipmen who service selected aviation to see if the scores are fine or if you need to improve them.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Warriors,

Thank you for all the support and suggestions you have shown and sent. Here are some updates on what's going on on my end.

MacOS:
Rear Cockpit Simulator
The latest update introduces a Flight Director (FD) in the Rear Cockpit simulator for users with X52 or other wired controllers. For anyone unfamiliar with a flight director, it's a feature found in aircraft with advanced avionics that helps the pilot orient the aircraft to achieve their selected navigation goals. I've incorporated something similar into the application to assist you in mastering the hand-eye coordination required for the Stick and Throttle Section of the exam. The FD will activate if your pointer deviates from the target, appearing as an arrow. This arrow will indicate the direction and displacement necessary to move the joystick or throttle to recapture the target quickly. This will be a game-changer for many of you.

Other near-term updates for the MacOS version include tracking bias data, which describes which target you focus on more. This is important to determine how well you multitask while tracking both targets.

If you own a compatible Mac, you'll find that the application designed for Macs is a game changer, giving you a significant advantage over your peers.

Android:
Firstly, I have neglected the Android product for a while. I promise to start improving that product for my Green Text Warriors starting next week or earlier. My agenda includes:

Terrian Identification Test Simulator
• Add more terrain identification maps for Android.
• Incorporate an image map box if the answer to the question is incorrect.
• Update question generation logic.

Rear Cockpit Controller Integration
• Add Xbox and Playstation controller functionality to the Rear Cockpit Sims
• Incorporate the DLT within the Stick and Throttle Simulator
• Incorporate the Emergencies within the Stick and Throttle Simulator
X52 Controller Integration for Android Devices (Phones and Tablets)

If you have any other suggestions, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me here. If I don't get back to you immediately, I'm coding to get these updates out. You guys are awesome and are the fuel that keeps me focused on building and improving this stuff. Best of luck, and happy studying!

Two Scoops,

ASTB Prep MacOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388?platform=mac
ASTB Prep iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388?platform=iphone
ASTB Prep Andriod:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=astb.astb.astbprep&hl=en_US&gl=US

DBM

Warriors,

Thank you for all the support and suggestions you have shown and sent. Here are some updates on what's going on on my end.

MacOS:
Rear Cockpit Simulator
The latest update introduces a Flight Director (FD) in the Rear Cockpit simulator for users with X52 or other wired controllers. For anyone unfamiliar with a flight director, it's a feature found in aircraft with advanced avionics that helps the pilot orient the aircraft to achieve their selected navigation goals. I've incorporated something similar into the application to assist you in mastering the hand-eye coordination required for the Stick and Throttle Section of the exam. The FD will activate if your pointer deviates from the target, appearing as an arrow. This arrow will indicate the direction and displacement necessary to move the joystick or throttle to recapture the target quickly. This will be a game-changer for many of you.

Other near-term updates for the MacOS version include tracking bias data, which describes which target you focus on more. This is important to determine how well you multitask while tracking both targets.

If you own a compatible Mac, you'll find that the application designed for Macs is a game changer, giving you a significant advantage over your peers.

Android:
Firstly, I have neglected the Android product for a while. I promise to start improving that product for my Green Text Warriors starting next week or earlier. My agenda includes:

Terrian Identification Test Simulator
• Add more terrain identification maps for Android.
• Incorporate an image map box if the answer to the question is incorrect.
• Update question generation logic.

Rear Cockpit Controller Integration
• Add Xbox and Playstation controller functionality to the Rear Cockpit Sims
• Incorporate the DLT within the Stick and Throttle Simulator
• Incorporate the Emergencies within the Stick and Throttle Simulator
X52 Controller Integration for Android Devices (Phones and Tablets)

If you have any other suggestions, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me here. If I don't get back to you immediately, I'm coding to get these updates out. You guys are awesome and are the fuel that keeps me focused on building and improving this stuff. Best of luck, and happy studying!

Two Scoops,

ASTB Prep MacOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388?platform=mac
ASTB Prep iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388?platform=iphone
ASTB Prep Andriod:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=astb.astb.astbprep&hl=en_US&gl=US
Thank you for all the work you do Two Scoops.

Fom

What is the standard PRT score to get selected for OCS?
Like others were saying PRT is not required for your OCS application, BUT my understanding is your recruiter will check to make sure you're able to hit minimums before they send you to Rhode Island. Apparently the Navy has been burned too many times lol

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Support/Culture%20Resilience/Physical/Guide_5-Physical_Readiness_Test_PRT_JAN_2023.pdf?ver=OlmOLoZTfCA641JUkAnIaw%3d%3d

aidan15

Looking for some advice or feedback.

I just took my ASTB and got:

56, 6,7,6

I’m 23 with a non-STEM degree, 3.5 GPA. I’ve got about 45 hours of flying experience, but haven’t completed my PPL yet. I’m expecting to get some pretty solid recs from both my current job, as well as some officers that I’ve met through my personal life.

Should I be looking at a retest? Would it make sense for me to finish my PPL fully before putting an application in?