• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

Ghayd44

Where can I find the deadlines?
You usually have to have at least 1 year left of college. Some people catch it when they have 2. You apply for BDCP when there is any regular board for the designator that you want, it's just basically an add on that you're applying for along with the actual designator.

Hanes22

You usually have to have at least 1 year left of college. Some people catch it when they have 2. You apply for BDCP when there is any regular board for the designator that you want, it's just basically an add on that you're applying for along with the actual designator.
Ok thank you, my recruiter is trying to get me into the program. It sounded too good to be true, so I’m not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

Ghayd44

Ok thank you, my recruiter is trying to get me into the program. It sounded too good to be true, so I’m not gonna get my hopes up just yet.
I'm not in it yet, applying this board, but yah it sounds too good to be true at first. From my experience so far though, it doesn't sound like there is much of a catch, you just really have to be 100% positive that this is what you want to do with your life if you end up going for it.

Hanes22

I'm not in it yet, applying this board, but yah it sounds too good to be true at first. From my experience so far though, it doesn't sound like there is much of a catch, you just really have to be 100% positive that this is what you want to do with your life if you end up going for it.
Ok I appreciate the words of assurance. Good luck with applying!

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Ex BDCP guy, this is true. It was a great deal. Counts towards time served, etc. I never heard of it happening, but the catch when I went through was that if you DOR’d you’d supposedly get sent to Great Lakes to enlist for 3 years undesignated. Imagine that’s still the case?

Hanes22

Ex BDCP guy, this is true. It was a great deal. Counts towards time served, etc. I never heard of it happening, but the catch when I went through was that if you DOR’d you’d supposedly get sent to Great Lakes to enlist for 3 years undesignated. Imagine that’s still the case?
That would be something. What were some of the responsibilities in the program?

Ghayd44

That would be something. What were some of the responsibilities in the program?
Again, not in the program yet, but from what I have heard there are really no military responsibilities until you graduate and go to OCS. They are paying you to finish school, and in return you give them 8 years of your time. The official doc for the program right now says it comes with an 8 year commitment (at least 4 active duty). For me that wasn’t really a factor because the pilot commitment is 8 years from wings anyway, but that’s definitely a big thing to consider.

exNavyOffRec

Yep, personally saw that happen.

exNavyOffRec

Again, not in the program yet, but from what I have heard there are really no military responsibilities until you graduate and go to OCS. They are paying you to finish school, and in return you give them 8 years of your time. The official doc for the program right now says it comes with an 8 year commitment (at least 4 active duty). For me that wasn’t really a factor because the pilot commitment is 8 years from wings anyway, but that’s definitely a big thing to consider.
8 years is a standard commitment for any military service, the 8 years is the military service obligation that can be broken up into a variety of active and inactive time such as 4 x 4, 6 x 2, 5 x 3, or in some cases 8 x 0.

The only real commitments is PRT, and urinalysis from what I remember, well also checking in.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
8 years is a standard commitment for any military service, the 8 years is the military service obligation that can be broken up into a variety of active and inactive time such as 4 x 4, 6 x 2, 5 x 3, or in some cases 8 x 0.

The only real commitments is PRT, and urinalysis from what I remember, well also checking in.
Yep. PRT every 6 months, urinalysis popped once (and they worked with me going to the enlisted recruiter in town instead of driving an hour away to pee in a cup), and had to send two emails a month that I was alive and send the grades when they posted.

CoMa

Hello everyone in this forum! I am currently in my 3rd year in college and recently spoke to my recruiter about the BDCP program for SNA. I have already taken my ASTB and scored a 53 6/8/7 and my current gpa is a 3.2 but I plan on getting it to a 3.5 or above before I graduate. I am trying to max out my credits for every semester so I can hopefully graduate by the fall semester of 2025. I am in great physical shape, I train six days out of the week involving both strength and cardio training. I was just curious on how competitive the current selection is for BDCP because it does seem like a great opportunity (receiving money and benefits, secured designation, secured OCS, and more) it almost sounds too good to be true. I would appreciate it if some people could respond with some insight on whether BDCP or just the standard OCS route is better!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone in this forum! I am currently in my 3rd year in college and recently spoke to my recruiter about the BDCP program for SNA. I have already taken my ASTB and scored a 53 6/8/7 and my current gpa is a 3.2 but I plan on getting it to a 3.5 or above before I graduate. I am trying to max out my credits for every semester so I can hopefully graduate by the fall semester of 2025. I am in great physical shape, I train six days out of the week involving both strength and cardio training. I was just curious on how competitive the current selection is for BDCP because it does seem like a great opportunity (receiving money and benefits, secured designation, secured OCS, and more) it almost sounds too good to be true. I would appreciate it if some people could respond with some insight on whether BDCP or just the standard OCS route is better!

As you’ve hinted, yes it’s a bit more competitive than normal OCS spots.

flyORdie

Just talked to my recruiter and she said that BDCP was very recently opened up to students at college's with NROTC programs. I can't find this updated information on MyNavyHR though. Has anyone heard the same thing from their recruiter?

CoMa

Just talked to my recruiter and she said that BDCP was very recently opened up to students at college's with NROTC programs. I can't find this updated information on MyNavyHR though. Has anyone heard the same thing from their recruiter?
Yes, I recently spoke to my recruiter about it this past Friday and she said that it is now open to college’s that have NROTC.