• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

exNavyOffRec

Just talked to my recruiter and she said that BDCP was very recently opened up to students at college's with NROTC programs. I can't find this updated information on MyNavyHR though. Has anyone heard the same thing from their recruiter?
That would make it just like it was before.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
8 years is a standard commitment for any military service, the 8 years is the military service obligation that can be broken up into a variety of active and inactive time such as 4 x 4, 6 x 2, 5 x 3, or in some cases 8 x 0.

The only real commitments is PRT, and urinalysis from what I remember, well also checking in.

Curious, I know the enlisted folks being accessed right now, are signing 4-2-2 contracts (that's 4 active, 2 selres, 2 IRR for those who don't know). Is the same thing happening for non-aviation officers? Totally unrelated side question, so apologies in advance

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Curious, I know the enlisted folks being accessed right now, are signing 4-2-2 contracts (that's 4 active, 2 selres, 2 IRR for those who don't know). Is the same thing happening for non-aviation officers? Totally unrelated side question, so apologies in advance

Yes, essentially

molkshake

I'm applying for the CW designator and I have one year remaining in college. Is it more competitive to apply for CW-BDCP or regular CW? Just trying to figure out the least competitive way to be accepted from the options I currently have.

I have a 3.273 GPA and am pursuing a BA in Computer Science.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm applying for the CW designator and I have one year remaining in college. Is it more competitive to apply for CW-BDCP or regular CW? Just trying to figure out the least competitive way to be accepted from the options I currently have.

I have a 3.273 GPA and am pursuing a BA in Computer Science.

BDCP “spots” are split with all the BDCP options like aviation, SWO, SEAL, EOD and the IWC programs. When BDCP came back in 2021-2022 I believe there were 50 spots and recruiting command would iron out who got what. Also, BDCP is up to 24 months, so essentially someone could take that BDCP “spot” for up to two years until they go to OCS.

I’m not sure if BDCP quotas went up at all but I can imagine it’s still more competitive than the regular OCS programs.

CoMa

BDCP “spots” are split with all the BDCP options like aviation, SWO, SEAL, EOD and the IWC programs. When BDCP came back in 2021-2022 I believe there were 50 spots and recruiting command would iron out who got what. Also, BDCP is up to 24 months, so essentially someone could take that BDCP “spot” for up to two years until they go to OCS.

I’m not sure if BDCP quotas went up at all but I can imagine it’s still more competitive than the regular OCS programs.
If you don’t mind me asking, what ASTB scores and GPA do you believe are competitive to be considered for SNA under BDCP?

mmandziak

quick question about BDCP. My recruiter wants me to apply for BDCP but my university has an NROTC unit. Now that the restriction has been supposedly lifted, he says we need to wait until the PA changes to do anything. Does anyone know when that could potentially happen?

exNavyOffRec

quick question about BDCP. My recruiter wants me to apply for BDCP but my university has an NROTC unit. Now that the restriction has been supposedly lifted, he says we need to wait until the PA changes to do anything. Does anyone know when that could potentially happen?
It may have already been changed but not yet posted to the site, if your recruiter says go for it then apply.

flyORdie

I am applying for the September SNA board and in a similar situation to you. My recruiter put my first option down for BDCP SNA and then second option just regular SNA.

mmandziak

Thanks for your reply. I’m not eligible for regular SNA yet as I’m just starting my junior year. Early November will be my 6 month post-op mark for LASIK so if I can get a quick MEPS turnaround I’m gonna send it for BDCP at 13JAN2025 PROBOARD.