• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

mmandziak

The application deadline has already passed for the September SNA board but I didn’t get a statement from my schools NROTC unit because the authorization wasn’t yet updated. Do you think they will accept a statement late or am I out of luck?
I have no clue. Talk to your recruiter about this. I would assume it wouldn’t be a major issue since the application deadline was yesterday for sep board.

mmandziak

BDCP guys and gals -

I was able to very easily obtain a letter from my NROTC unit that I am not elligible for a scholarship and allowed to apply for BDCP. I just explained that I am a civilian OCS applicant going for BDCP and they wrote me up a statement within the hour.

flyORdie

BDCP guys and gals -

I was able to very easily obtain a letter from my NROTC unit that I am not elligible for a scholarship and allowed to apply for BDCP. I just explained that I am a civilian OCS applicant going for BDCP and they wrote me up a statement within the hour.
Was there a template/ form given to you by your recruiter or did you just ask the NROTC unit to write a statement?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Was there a template/ form given to you by your recruiter or did you just ask the NROTC unit to write a statement?

Based on the wording from the program authorization:

"Applicants at colleges or universities with an established NROTC unit or cross-town agreement may apply if their recruiter obtains a statement from the NROTC unit stating the applicant is not eligible for any local NROTC scholarship program. The applicant must also have an approved degree completion plan prior to enlistment in order to determine the projected graduation date."

It sounds like this is all done on the recruiter's end - similar to LORs.

mmandziak

Based on the wording from the program authorization:

"Applicants at colleges or universities with an established NROTC unit or cross-town agreement may apply if their recruiter obtains a statement from the NROTC unit stating the applicant is not eligible for any local NROTC scholarship program. The applicant must also have an approved degree completion plan prior to enlistment in order to determine the projected graduation date."

It sounds like this is all done on the recruiter's end - similar to LORs.
Cannot confirm or deny wether it's on recruiters end or not as mine made me get in contact with NROTC department at my university and obtain a statement.