• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

Oh, I can agree that my recruiter was no help in the organization department

I would have them come in for the OAR or ASTB, telling them to bring their birth certificate, transcripts and computer, when done with test they would sit down and do their statement while I inputted everything on my side, they would bring up their transcripts on their computer and I would verify they were same as what they brought in, often done within an hour and then schedule MEPS.

If I knew the candidate had medical issues the process would be different.

100water1

The USN does have a tier system but unless you are going nuke or a tech heavy designator it doesn't matter, I had an applicant from Harvard and another from Stanford who had GPA's in the low 3's not get selected while guys from state schools with GPA's in the mid 3's were getting picked up, now did have a guy from MIT get picked up and his GPA was mid/low 3
Were the state school applicants STEM and that's why? Or did the Harvard + Stanford applicants need a lot of waivers or have something else weird on their applications? What were the big differences between them besides GPA?

exNavyOffRec

Were the state school applicants STEM and that's why? Or did the Harvard + Stanford applicants need a lot of waivers or have something else weird on their applications? What were the big differences between them besides GPA?

I think the Stanford guy was EE, while Harvard guy was Poly Sci or something non tech and general, the Harvard guy had a medical waiver that didn't even require a consult so that was very nice. I did have a guy who went to Oxford that took months to get cleared by medical.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
I was looking through the april swo thread and it looks like they got their results in 3 weeks. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next next week

Same, I’m hoping for a next week release too.

Not to mention, the NRC website states (pre-covid) “expect 2-3 weeks for results to post” and I believe the covid factor has already peaked, as far as delaying results goes, and postings will return back to normal soon, if not now.

fsumst92

Not to mention, the NRC website states (pre-covid) “expect 2-3 weeks for results to post” and I believe the covid factor has already peaked, as far as delaying results goes, and postings will return back to normal soon, if not now.
Yea I'm hoping that too.. I waited for like 7 weeks for a supply result earlier this year.
If you guys have seen some of the threads on here the speculation can get wild and it's real entertaining

100water1

You guys think it'll be like pre-covid? New covid cases are super high right now, but things have been reopening slowly and the vaccine has been available for a long time now. Hard to tell but I'm a little worried that with the new spike things might slow down again. Since it just started to spike again relatively recently. Still hoping for a quick release of the results though lmao

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Quick question,

Will anyone here have access to the official results when they are posted? There is usually one person who posts they will have access so I just want to confirm/deny if we have one too? Thanks

[Just keeping the spreadsheet fresh]

Ericackostaa

Quick question,

Will anyone here have access to the official results when they are posted? There is usually one person who posts they will have access so I just want to confirm/deny if we have one too? Thanks

[Just keeping the spreadsheet fresh]

Thank you for posting the Doc, i Just added my info. Thank you.

100water1

I took a look at some other threads for boards that met recently (IWC, Supply) and it looks like it took them more than 4 weeks to get results. Idk if SWO works differently and will release sooner (since the april board got theirs back pretty fast).

I also saw on the april swo thread that results usually come out on a Tuesday or Thursday. Also unsure if that is true or not