• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
One week down, unless the board has yet to adjourn. However, I’m fairly certain our fates have been decided (previous boards followed a five day process)!

The wait continues

Edit: @exNavyOffRec, is there a way to check if the board has adjourned? Thanks

Last edited:

Ericackostaa

Sex: Male
Active duty currently (6 yrs)
GPA:3.78
Major: Criminal Justice
O7 CO Recommendation, 1 O6 appraisal, 2 SWO CDR appraisals, 2 CDR appraisals

100water1

no one cares about OAR, for SWO the degree, GPA and then if they start going further a good personal statement talking about your leadership and what you have done.
What kind of degree do they prefer? And what range of GPA? If they prefer STEM, would a 3.0 in Chemistry be better received than a 3.5 in Political Science?

exNavyOffRec

What kind of degree do they prefer? And what range of GPA? If they prefer STEM, would a 3.0 in Chemistry be better received than a 3.5 in Political Science?
It is more about GPA but in theory you are on the right track, in practice it varies. I have seen University of Phoenix Online get picked up over well respected colleges.

100water1

It is more about GPA but in theory you are on the right track, in practice it varies. I have seen University of Phoenix Online get picked up over well respected colleges.
That's a little discouraging. My OR said something about them looking at college tiers. I would hope they would pick high GPAs from well respected colleges. My poli sci degree may be the end of me

jbybwing

Ericackostaa is right! The process just to get everything to the board is designed to be overwhelming as a deterrent to weed out the ones not willing to put in the effort. Being medical approved and having all of your ducks in a row has you in a position the majority of potentials never get to.

100water1

Just stay optimistic. That’s what I’ve been told. You’re doing half the work by just being at the board.

Ericackostaa is right! The process just to get everything to the board is designed to be overwhelming as a deterrent to weed out the ones not willing to put in the effort. Being medical approved and having all of your ducks in a row has you in a position the majority of potentials never get to.

True true. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for results being out 1st week of Sept

exNavyOffRec

If you think it is overwhelming than your recruiter is not guiding you, or doesn't have a good process in place, besides medical you can put an application together in like 2 hours from scratch, I have done it many times, especially for SNA/SNFO/SWO.

exNavyOffRec

That's a little discouraging. My OR said something about them looking at college tiers. I would hope they would pick high GPAs from well respected colleges. My poli sci degree may be the end of me
The USN does have a tier system but unless you are going nuke or a tech heavy designator it doesn't matter, I had an applicant from Harvard and another from Stanford who had GPA's in the low 3's not get selected while guys from state schools with GPA's in the mid 3's were getting picked up, now did have a guy from MIT get picked up and his GPA was mid/low 3