• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

ryannc22

FloridaDad

Yea the waivers suck. I have so many that if I got a new one right now they’d never notice lol
I really regret letting my ears close up because I don't think I'll ever be able to get them pierced again as long as I'm in the military. I've considered getting them pierced again now so that hopefully they don't completely re-close during OCS and I can wear them when not in uniform and off base. I don't know the rules on that though. I know we're not allowed to wear earrings/studs/whatever as men but it seems unclear on if having the holes/piercings to begin with are an issue. Also, an rules one wearing the clear studs that don't show up that many people use in the civilian world? I've accepted that I'll have to leave behind my long haired/pierced ears emo kid days, but I'd love it if I could retain a little of that haha.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
I really regret letting my ears close up because I don't think I'll ever be able to get them pierced again as long as I'm in the military. I've considered getting them pierced again now so that hopefully they don't completely re-close during OCS and I can wear them when not in uniform and off base. I don't know the rules on that though. I know we're not allowed to wear earrings/studs/whatever as men but it seems unclear on if having the holes/piercings to begin with are an issue. Also, an rules one wearing the clear studs that don't show up that many people use in the civilian world? I've accepted that I'll have to leave behind my long haired/pierced ears emo kid days, but I'd love it if I could retain a little of that haha.
I’m pretty sure as long as they aren’t like giant gauges, you’re allowed to have pierced holes you just can’t wear earring on any military installation. Out in town in civilian clothes I’ve seen plenty of guys where their earrings. My ears have been gauged to a 4 my entire career, never have I had someone tell me I had to get them closed up

FloridaDad

I’m pretty sure as long as they aren’t like giant gauges, you’re allowed to have pierced holes you just can’t wear earring on any military installation. Out in town in civilian clothes I’ve seen plenty of guys where their earrings. My ears have been gauged to a 4 my entire career, never have I had someone tell me I had to get them closed up
Thanks for the info! I really want to get them done again but all these forms recruiters hand me keep saying things like "do you have any tattoos or piercings"