• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 accp

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
2011 message is on the boards, relevant info below:

2. A BRIEF BREAKDOWN OF THE CHANGES TO THE FY-11 ACCP PROGRAM ARE
AS FOLLOWS:
A. DEPARTMENT HEAD (DH): THE DH BONUS IS A 5-YEAR CONTRACT
BASED ON DESIGNATOR AND AVIATION COMMUNITY AND WILL NO LONGER OFFER
A LUMP-SUM OPTION. ADDITIONALLY, THE PAYMENT SCHEDULE HAS BEEN
ADJUSTED AND OFFICERS WILL RECEIVE A REDUCED AMOUNT UNTIL DH
SCREENED. THE FY-11 PROGRAM CONTINUES TO AUTHORIZE THE PAYMENT OF
FIVE-YEAR CONTRACTS ONE YEAR PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE ACTIVE
DUTY MINIMUM SERVICE REQUIREMENT (MSR). LONG-TERM APPLICANTS ARE
ELIGIBLE IF THEIR MSR EXPIRES IN FY-11 OR FY-12. PAYMENT WILL BEGIN
WHEN THE OFFICER IS WITHIN ONE YEAR OF COMPLETION OF THE MSR. BONUS
AMOUNTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
HM - PILOT ($10,000/YR)
HSC - PILOT ($10,000/YR)
HSL/HSM - PILOT ($10,000/YR)
VAQ - PILOT ($15,000/YR); NFO ($20,000/YR)
VAW/VRC - PILOT ($5,000/YR); NFO ($5,000/YR)
VFA - PILOT ($25,000/YR); NFO ($10,000/YR)
VP - PILOT ($10,000/YR); NFO ($10,000/YR)
VQ(P) - PILOT ($10,000/YR); NFO ($10,000/YR)
VQ(T) - PILOT ($5,000/YR); NFO ($5,000/YR)
B. AT-SEA BONUS: THE AT-SEA BONUS IS A 2-YEAR CONTRACT UPON
ARRIVAL TO A DESIGNATED CRITICAL AT SEA BILLET FOR AVIATORS NOT
ALREADY UNDER AN ACCP CONTRACT. THE BONUS IS PAID IN EQUAL ANNUAL
INSTALLMENTS OF $5,000 PER YEAR.
C. COMMAND BONUS: THE COMMAND BONUS IS A 3-YEAR CONTRACT UPON
ARRIVAL AS XO/CO FOR AT-SEA OPERATIONAL OR OPERATIONAL TRAINING
SQUADRONS ONLY. LEVELS REMAIN UNCHANGED FOR FY-11 AND IT IS PAID IN
EQUAL ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $12,000 PER YEAR.
D. ASTRONAUT BONUS: THE ASTRONAUT BONUS IS A 3-YEAR CONTRACT
UPON RECEIVING DESIGNATION AS ASTRONAUT OR ASTRONAUT CANDIDATE AND
TRAINING WITH NASA AS A PRIMARY OR BACKUP FLIGHT CREW MEMBER. IT IS
PAID IN EQUAL ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $12,000 PER YEAR.
3. FY-11 ACCP APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO 23 SEP 11.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
YG04 still undermanned, shifty stuff happening with O-4 screen groups, reduction in bonus for majority of folks, reductions in flight hours... I see this message changing in subsequent years. Probably not another t notch in the works, but not great for retention either - and the economy will rebound at some point...

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
My level of satisfaction with being a non DH screen just went up a few notches.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess they feel the VQ guys flying TACAMOs or the VAW folks are already getting a good deal?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious about the thought process behind the smaller amounts. $5k/year doesn't seem enough to affect anybody's decision significantly; I wonder if they put out token amounts to reduce the resentment we used to have from the communitities who would get nothing (a pre-emptive strike against misery for those guys). The "at-sea" bonus seems a nice nod to folks unlikely to screen but still eating a boat tour.

(Personally, the bonus only appeared for phrog clowns after I had made my decision to stay, while it certainly was a "nice to have," it was the flying and the pension that induced me to stay in).

Pags

N/A
pilot
Using the helo numbers, you'd get $50k before taxes. Tax that at a swag of ~27% and you have 36,500. Which is 7300/yr. Which equates to ~$281/paycheck. While not small potatoes, this really doesn't represent a huge increase in buying power or the ability to all of a sudden pay off a lot of debt, bump up into a bigger house, or pay for a kid's college savings. Even as a lump sum you could buy a decent car off the lot. Notice that I said decent and not awesome.

"Madam," he asked, "would you go to bed with me for a thousand pounds?" The woman blushed and rather indignantly shook her head. "For ten thousand pounds?" he asked. "No. I would not." "Then how about fifty thousand pounds?" he contined.

The colossal sum gave the woman pause, and after further reflection, she coyly replied: "Perhaps." "And if I were to offer you five pounds?" Shaw asked.

"Mr. Shaw!" the woman exclaimed. "What do you take me for!" "We have already established what you are," Shaw calmly replied. "Now we are merely haggling over the price."

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Talked with a P3 buddy today. Sounds as if they are fairly pissed off. He has 14 years in the Navy and has decided to look elsewhere for his future. He can get out in about a year. Today, he lined up a couple of job interviews with other govt agencies. He and others in the community have been on the fence about what to do. He said this bonus message just made his choice that much easier. He is dropping his letter next week.

I think the Navy is about to have a bunch of guys decide its time to go do something else for a living. I know a bunch of VFA guys that are punching out even with a 25K bonus. I cant imagine the other communities that just got sucker punched. The next year will be very, very interesting.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Talked with a P3 buddy today. Sounds as if they are fairly pissed off. He has 14 years in the Navy and has decided to look elsewhere for his future. He can get out in about a year. Today, he lined up a couple of job interviews with other govt agencies. He and others in the community have been on the fence about what to do. He said this bonus message just made his choice that much easier. He is dropping his letter next week.

I think the Navy is about to have a bunch of guys decide its time to go do something else for a living. I know a bunch of VFA guys that are punching out even with a 25K bonus. I cant imagine the other communities that just got sucker punched. The next year will be very, very interesting.

I think it's amusing when, as a group (people in the military), people rally against social programs and government subsidies decreeing the federal government shouldn't be giving handouts. But when they can't get an EXTRA wad of extra cash from the government for doing the same job they already could do, they get irate.

Now don't get me wrong. I've already received my DH bonus and am awaiting the next bonus message on the reserve side and will gladly take it, but it still amuses me.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Also fun is the fact that you're going to see the first group of people with 8-year contracts start making the shit-or-get-out-of-the-kitchen decision. Good times.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"C. COMMAND BONUS: THE COMMAND BONUS IS A 3-YEAR CONTRACT UPON
ARRIVAL AS XO/CO FOR AT-SEA OPERATIONAL OR OPERATIONAL TRAINING
SQUADRONS ONLY. LEVELS REMAIN UNCHANGED FOR FY-11 AND IT IS PAID IN
EQUAL ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $12,000 PER YEAR."

What's an Operational Training Squadron? I thought all Training Squadrons were OP-T type deals...