• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Kdot_1

I got the same call today asking if I was interested in switching designators. I let my recruiter know I am fine with waiting as well.

Dboom85

Banned
got a call from my recruiter today, asking if I wanted to switch to another designator. Said they are having a board for aviation selects who don't want to wait the year+ to go OCS. Personally I told him no, I'm fine with waiting. I have a good job in the meantime and I'm not close to Aging out... But thought I'd share to keep people updated.
I was also just offered to redes too

MatchL

I know people are getting calls from their recruiter in case they want to redesignate, but there have been rumors that the board is considering deselecting Prorec-Y SNA's. Can anyone shed some light on this? I read from another forum the Navy wouldn't do this but I'd like some clarification.

smpl_dude

I know people are getting calls from their recruiter in case they want to redesignate, but there have been rumors that the board is considering deselecting Prorec-Y SNA's. Can anyone shed some light on this? I read from another forum the Navy wouldn't do this but I'd like some clarification.
Ah yes, they'll be holding the infamous SNA/SNFO deselection boards, where they'll pit all of the currently selected people waiting to go to OCS against each other in one on one mortal combat. The winner of each round gets to both live and go to OCS. This way, they reduce the number of people waiting for OCS by at least half.

But seriously, I wouldn't worry. The navy isn't paying us squat, so we cost them nothing, and they already know that we have a decent chance of getting through flight school. They're just gonna make us wait for a long time.

MatchL

Ah yes, they'll be holding the infamous SNA/SNFO deselection boards, where they'll pit all of the currently selected people waiting to go to OCS against each other in one on one mortal combat. The winner of each round gets to both live and go to OCS. This way, they reduce the number of people waiting for OCS by at least half.

But seriously, I wouldn't worry. The navy isn't paying us squat, so we cost them nothing, and they already know that we have a decent chance of getting through flight school. They're just gonna make us wait for a long time.
Lol roger that, thanks for the info.

exNavyOffRec

They have done this before several years ago, but it is rare, very rare. They have had people waiting 18 months before and didn't do that, so for them to do that when they did it must have been a significant wait.

piolotach

I was just told by my recruiter that OCS will take no more pilots for FY23 and that some originally meant for FY24 could be pushed to FY25. Has anyone else heard the same?

schen0222

I was just told by my recruiter that OCS will take no more pilots for FY23 and that some originally meant for FY24 could be pushed to FY25. Has anyone else heard the same?
Yes, I was told the same exact thing. I was told that if we want to go earlier, we have until Wednesday to switch to NFO. They also told me they got through 120 pilots this FY (sent to ocs) but they have 220 waiting. Not too sure what that will entail for us.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, I was told the same exact thing. I was told that if we want to go earlier, we have until Wednesday to switch to NFO. They also told me they got through 120 pilots this FY (sent to ocs) but they have 220 waiting. Not too sure what that will entail for us.
It is about 300 per FY, if they don't ship anymore that will create issues down the road, they can push pause and then move more when the situation in Pensacola is better, they pretty much shipped all of FY 22 in less than 6 months last year.

If it is bad enough for them to truly halt until FY 24 that would push many to FY 25 and what a mess that would be.

schen0222

It is about 300 per FY, if they don't ship anymore that will create issues down the road, they can push pause and then move more when the situation in Pensacola is better, they pretty much shipped all of FY 22 in less than 6 months last year.

If it is bad enough for them to truly halt until FY 24 that would push many to FY 25 and what a mess that would be.
Ok that makes sense, appreciate the informative answer!

Yvan_eht_Nioj

Does anyone have a link to a group chat for the November 6 class? My recruiter called me today and told me that I've been switched to that one.