• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

vbts13

Wow If I get my pro rec y revoked that’d be pretty devastating … would much rather wait a year to go to OCS than not go at all

schen0222

It seems to me that NRC is realizing that selecting people for spots that far out is not the best idea.

There are several of those programs that are already sitting good with the number of people they have been selecting (except SWO) and many of the programs are pretty tough on who they pick with average GPA's of 3.5 and looking for tech degrees.

Yes, they have revoked offers before, it was quite a while ago and they sent out "no quota" letters.

This situation wouldn't be this bad if they had cancelled or combined boards starting at the end of last year when they realized they had selected too many.
Was there any method they used to determine who gets their offers revoked first? Or was it mostly random?

piolotach

Just got an update that OCS is backlogged by about 24 months and some recent graduates of ROTC and the academy are spending a year at recruiting commands, etc. before even starting flight school. This seems to be the case for pilots in other branches as well, but hopefully OCS class sizes expand soon.

villo0692

Just got an update that OCS is backlogged by about 24 months and some recent graduates of ROTC and the academy are spending a year at recruiting commands, etc. before even starting flight school. This seems to be the case for pilots in other branches as well, but hopefully OCS class sizes expand soon.
Backlog ain’t at OCS it’s at Pensacola

villo0692

Does that mean that OCS is at pre-covid class sizes but Pensacola is not?
I went to OCS exactly a year ago, and I had a full class, so unless that’s changed, it should still be that way. Over here at Pcola they have been increasing amount of pilots starting NIFE recently, but the bottleneck’s already there, so its gonna be a bit before it clears

exNavyOffRec

The numbers I am going to use are rough estimates but still close. The NRC OCS shipping goal for a year is about 1200, there are about 16 classes per year and each class is about 100 per class, so normal capacity is about 1600 per year. There was also a short time where they had more than 100 per class so capacity at OCS is not an issue, like @villo0692 mentioned it is Pensacola and that only affect aviators.

Mouselovr

Contributor
1. Not OCS backlog. Its down in Pensacola.
2. its not 24 months. However, it is a long wait.
3. They are working on shorting that time.

Xucxit

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone who got selected for this 23MAY2022 Pilot board has any updates of when you are going to OCS? My recruiter told me that those who got selected is for fiscal year 2024. I’m still waiting but have no information on the date. Is Anyone here being on the same page?

Xucxit

Just got a text message from my OR saying that the NRC is holding special boards (Intel, SWO, etc) for Pilot selectees who wish to redes at this time due to the Pilot back up problem.

My OR said this is NOT a way of him telling me to redes and is NOT mandatory. It is only for Pilot (FY24) selects who wish to go to OCS sooner.

However, he said that there are discussions being had about revoking offers if the pilot back up problem continues. Has this happened before?
What do you do if you want to go sooner? In case you are not selected to go sooner, will you still go later?

smpl_dude

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone who got selected for this 23MAY2022 Pilot board has any updates of when you are going to OCS? My recruiter told me that those who got selected is for fiscal year 2024. I’m still waiting but have no information on the date. Is Anyone here being on the same page?
I'm supposedly going in January, but given recent events, I'm highly skeptical that's actually going to happen.