• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

kookylukey

Are these OCS dates set in stone or do they ever get moved around at all or are you allowed to request a different date? Obviously going to take what I can get, but just curious

Mike D.

Contributor
Good times. I emailed my processor and asked if I can resubmit by tomorrow and there’s just not enough time to do everything she thinks should be done. Asking for new references and retake ASTB to improve upon 53 6/7/7.

I mentioned to my processor that I haven’t heard from my recruiter in months to which she advised my recruiter is no longer my/a recruiter.

rtwodr

So I got a call from my OR. Officially Pro-Rec… NO. BUT he did said the motivational statement played a huge roll into the selection on this board. But thankfully I am able to just adjust my motivational statement and resubmit the same package so I will be on the next board. On that note, does anyone have any tips and such so I can improve my motivational statement? I kept it short and sweet but I guess it wasn’t sweet enough to grant me a pro-rec y. ?

Fyi. I was only allowed to apply for SNFO on this board cause MEPS said I failed the depth perception test but I retook it after MEPS, passed and then Navy approved my waiver so I will be applying only for SNA.

Ed014

Good times. I emailed my processor and asked if I can resubmit by tomorrow and there’s just not enough time to do everything she thinks should be done. Asking for new references and retake ASTB to improve upon 53 6/7/7.

I mentioned to my processor that I haven’t heard from my recruiter in months to which she advised my recruiter is no longer my/a recruiter.

Thanks for the info. I’m in the same boat with the same score. I’m kinda nervous to retake the ASTB since this will be my third and final try. I’ve been debating to just change my motivational statement and references and resubmit with my same scores.

Ed014

So I got a call from my OR. Officially Pro-Rec… NO. BUT he did said the motivational statement played a huge roll into the selection on this board. But thankfully I am able to just adjust my motivational statement and resubmit the same package so I will be on the next board. On that note, does anyone have any tips and such so I can improve my motivational statement? I kept it short and sweet but I guess it wasn’t sweet enough to grant me a pro-rec y. ?

Fyi. I was only allowed to apply for SNFO on this board cause MEPS said I failed the depth perception test but I retook it after MEPS, passed and then Navy approved my waiver so I will be applying only for SNA.

Your recruiter said you can be on the August board?

Mike1432

[

I can send you mine if you’re interested. Dm me

Ed014

Spoke to my recruiter right now. He said to keep my scores and get some volunteer hours and maybe a certificate in something aviation related to show some type of change in my package when apply in the November board. Also the same thing like others said. New motivational statement and new LOR’s

kotn

Spoke to my recruiter right now. He said to keep my scores and get some volunteer hours and maybe a certificate in something aviation related to show some type of change in my package when apply in the November board. Also the same thing like others said. New motivational statement and new LOR’s

Where do you input volunteer hours? My recruiter didn't even ask for that.

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8

You could go pass your written for PPL and get 15 hours or so to solo. Getting to the point where you can solo looks good on paper, is relatively cheap compared to the whole PPL, and you can talk about it on your motivational statement.

n95salesman

I got selected for SWO, but not selected for Pilot/NFO. Would the next aviation board see that I declined a SWO offer to resubmit? My OR is hinting that they don’t look at that kindly.

123abc

Yeah. He called saying I need to redo my motivational statement and resubmit some forums tonight since the deadline is tomorrow

For the motivational statement, mine was about the maximum it can be, but each paragraph was only 4-5 sentences to make sure whoever was reading It didn’t get bored. I focused HARD on service and leadership, but still kept it aviation focused even though I don’t have much aviation experience. The best advice I have is that this is your section to show the board who you are since getting to know someone on paper is difficult. You want your personality to show through. If your test scores aren’t amazing, show them how eager you are to learn and willing to work your butt off. Don’t let them have any doubt.
Reading It out loud also helped me a ton when writing It, because I assumed someone may be reading It aloud to the whole room.