• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

kookylukey

If it helps any of my other 6/7/7 brothers who got N's. I can dm my motivational statement and my LOR's were from an active NG O-6, a retired Air Force O-6, and my old manager. No flight hours or anything like that so I guess those were more of the determining factor this board.

Mike D.

Contributor
If it helps any of my other 6/7/7 brothers who got N's. I can dm my motivational statement and my LOR's were from an active NG O-6, a retired Air Force O-6, and my old manager. No flight hours or anything like that so I guess those were more of the determining factor this board.
Yeah I’d love to see your statement if you don’t mind. Mdorsey839@marian.edu

Oski510

Good times. I emailed my processor and asked if I can resubmit by tomorrow and there’s just not enough time to do everything she thinks should be done. Asking for new references and retake ASTB to improve upon 53 6/7/7.

I mentioned to my processor that I haven’t heard from my recruiter in months to which she advised my recruiter is no longer my/a recruiter.

i wouldn’t retake that ASTB-E man your scores are solid.

exNavyOffRec

So I got a call from my OR. Officially Pro-Rec… NO. BUT he did said the motivational statement played a huge roll into the selection on this board.
That is a standard official answer, but it doesn't, just the time it takes doesn't make sense, just by the numbers they spend at most 3-4 minutes per application.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
That is a standard official answer, but it doesn't, just the time it takes doesn't make sense, just by the numbers they spend at most 3-4 minutes per application.

Could you breakdown the 3-4 minutes and how they would look through an applicant’s package? And/or how you think they would review them.

Example:

30 second spent: ASTB scores
1 minutes spent: waivers
45 seconds, etc.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah. He called saying I need to redo my motivational statement and resubmit some forums tonight since the deadline is tomorrow
Your scores are at or near minimums which few get picked with, you need to retake your ASTB, if your scores were stellar like the other guy and it was probably an oversight I would say try it, but you are looking at another "N" and more time waiting, and on a remote possibility or a DNR, should your submit and then get rolled to the next board you are going to be waiting even longer to retake and try with good scores.

x_Juya_x

Dang dude that’s really soon. Are you getting close to the age limit?

Yes but I have an age waiver. It’s not like I’m going to keel over and pass away soon lol. That aside, I saw part of the SNFO list and it appears that SNFOs are shipping out way more quickly when compared to SNAs. Other guys/gals on the list will be in my class and many shipping out later this year as well.

exNavyOffRec

Could you breakdown the 3-4 minutes and how they would look through an applicant’s package? And/or how you think they would review them.

Example:

30 second spent: ASTB scores
1 minutes spent: waivers
45 seconds, etc.
waivers and statements on waivers will suck up a lot of time and probably more than that 3-4 minutes and will take time from others, some boards are done in just 8 hours which is often normal, so then you are looking at 2 minutes.

they have enough time to check ASTB, review any waivers and waiver statements, GPA and that is about it.

depending on how the board senior member wants to do it in general either 3/3 or 2/3 must agree to give a pro Y. The comparing also takes time, so more of that 3-4 minutes goes away, so you can see how little time they have.

there was one board we figured out it was less than a minute per application.

Here is another one for you, they for a while had an auto-select program where is you had I think it was 8 or 9 on PFAR and above a 3 something GPA you were auto-selected, so that also shows how much weight they put on ASTB.

exNavyOffRec

It is just luck, 7's are often a 50/50 chance some fall on Y side others on N just depending on number of spots, what hurts him is a DOR, best way to overcome that is with a high ASTB.

WannaFlyHigh

I got all 8's and when I got my scores one of the recruiters said "Oh that's good now you got room to improve in case you don't get picked up"

I scored 8/8/8 as well but during the exam I thought I was gonna get a 4/4/4 but was pleasantly surprised I did well. I was honestly hoping that I had gotten all 7's or 9's instead since having 8's is good enough that you don’t want to ruin the score during a retake but also one of the only things you can really change in case you don’t get selected.

lasmith0917

Got the official call from my CO this morning that I was selected for SNA FY 22.

If any enlisted folks would like for me to help along with the process IE checkout your application feel free to send me a PM. I probably don’t have much to offer for some of you civilian folks, but I have been enlisted for 10 years and have done many applications, LORS, and etc.

Congrats to everyone who made it. For those who didn’t get picked up- don’t give up. My package was submitted in December, and tbh at times it felt like it was never going to happen. Patience is a virtue, and I guarantee you won’t regret your resilience.