• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

villo0692

I was wondering, cuz the Navy website says that the due date for applications is Dec 1st, which is what my recruiter said, but the website also says that the hard cut off date is on the 11th of December....my OR also told me not to worry too much about Dec 1st for me to make it with my package....anyone knows what's the difference between both dates? thanks

Metromedic

Contributor
I was wondering, cuz the Navy website says that the due date for applications is Dec 1st, which is what my recruiter said, but the website also says that the hard cut off date is on the 11th of December....my OR also told me not to worry too much about Dec 1st for me to make it with my package....anyone knows what's the difference between both dates? thanks

The way my OR put it was that the 1st was the cutoff whilst the 11th was the hard date for when it has to be put in. Basically it’s due the 1st and if the application needs revisions for errors, you have until the 11th to do so. We’re submitting the 30th.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers

"The navy website"... which one? There are literally thousands of Navy websites. Just trying to figure out where this December 1 date is coming from.

GodSpeed1997

So I took my ASTB for the last time last Thursday and scored a 7/8/7. My OR gave me some inside info and said that most of the class for Jan, and some for April are selected already. Applying to these board dates would be very competitive so he advised me to apply to the one in April (maybe even the one after). I was bummed cause I hate waiting and wanted to go to OCS ASAP. I’d have to wait but I would have a greater chance of being selected as well as having more time to train physically and prepare mentally. He said this was due to coronavirus and some of the OCS classes this year got stopped halfway and are now being continued this January. I had a friend in Marine OCS who was in OCS this year but his training was stopped halfway due to covid and has to go back January to continue so I can kind of confirm this.

NobleJ

SNA
Just got off the phone with my officer recruiter. He was informed by NC1 in San Diego that they are still accepting pilot slots, but that they're completely "backed up" and that some recruits aren't even shipping until September 2021. Those who are selected for a pilot slot this board may not be shipped until 2022.
Wow! That's surprising. I hopped over to the 02NOV2020 board spreadsheet, and those with class dates 11 months out from their board date: SEP2021. That's a bummer, but I feel worth the wait.

Thanks for sharing that information!

GymJer020

Pretty sure Dec 1 is for civilians turning in their packages to NRD. Dec 11th is the deadline for active duty service members. Don’t quote me on that, but it may be like this because us currently serving have medical facilities and authorities that can perform all the tests and checks to clear us for flight physicals and to certify documents and such. So they may screen your applications prior to the deadline of the 11th, while the currently serving shouldn’t need that extra look over.

Also, don’t believe these rumors about pilot selections being closed off, unless there is an official announcement, then there is nothing to worry about. I’ve contacted the CNRC and they did not mention anything about what I’m reading in this forum. Navy recruiters and ORs will tell you what they believe through rumors they hear, or they’ll come up with something to deter you from making their job harder. Just apply and wait for results, worst thing that can happen is you don’t get selected.

Metromedic

Contributor
Pretty sure Dec 1 is for civilians turning in their packages to NRD. Dec 11th is the deadline for active duty service members. Don’t quote me on that, but it may be like this because us currently serving have medical facilities and authorities that can perform all the tests and checks to clear us for flight physicals and to certify documents and such. So they may screen your applications prior to the deadline of the 11th, while the currently serving shouldn’t need that extra look over.

Also, don’t believe these rumors about pilot selections being closed off, unless there is an official announcement, then there is nothing to worry about. I’ve contacted the CNRC and they did not mention anything about what I’m reading in this forum. Navy recruiters and ORs will tell you what they believe through rumors they hear, or they’ll come up with something to deter you from making their job harder. Just apply and wait for results, worst thing that can happen is you don’t get selected.

We’re not saying there closed off, but there will be a significant delay. Last selection is having OCS dates of 9 Sept 21. The 25 Jan boards will likely be beyond that.

GymJer020

We’re not saying there closed off, but there will be a significant delay. Last selection is having OCS dates of 9 Sept 21. The 25 Jan boards will likely be beyond that.
Some people in this thread have definitely said their OR’s are telling them not to submit this board because they believe they aren’t accepting any more applications or because they think their chances are slim. But as far as delays, I think that’s expected. Specially since the beginning of COVID, where they have been reducing the class sizes yet are still accepting at nearly the same rate. I’m sure they will, if they haven’t already, begin to reduce their acceptance rate to counter the delay issue. Let’s just hope it isn’t on this board and that they do that the next FY board schedule.

Metromedic

Contributor
Some people in this thread have definitely said their OR’s are telling them not to submit this board because they believe they aren’t accepting any more applications or because they think their chances are slim. But as far as delays, I think that’s expected. Specially since the beginning of COVID, where they have been reducing the class sizes yet are still accepting at nearly the same rate. I’m sure they will, if they haven’t already, begin to reduce their acceptance rate to counter the delay issue. Let’s just hope it isn’t on this board and that they do that the next FY board schedule.

If they were applying for SNA and are dead set, I could see why. The chances of an SNA approval this board are slim to none unfortunately. Looking at the previous boards SNA applicants, they're not leaving till 5 Sept. This go around you're going to see a significant reduction in SNAs picked up as the pipeline is already clogged. If your set on it, apply, however you should really only apply if you understand what's happening with this board. They are in desperate need of SNFOs however.

exNavyOffRec

If they were applying for SNA and are dead set, I could see why. The chances of an SNA approval this board are slim to none unfortunately. Looking at the previous boards SNA applicants, they're not leaving till 5 Sept. This go around you're going to see a significant reduction in SNAs picked up as the pipeline is already clogged. If your set on it, apply, however you should really only apply if you understand what's happening with this board. They are in desperate need of SNFOs however.
Given the number of aircraft that need NFO's and the number of NFO's they already selected when compared to the number of NFO selects per year this seems like just another rumor, unless a lot of NFO's dropped in OCS recently.

Revitalized

So tired of all the hearsay and just want the board to convene already. In some of the other threads from this past summer, we saw where class sizes were at 50% and then returned to 100%. If class sizes are being cut again, it's very possible that they could return to 100% soon after the January board. Either way, I'll take a FY 22 OCS date if it means a pro-rec y.