• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

bramirez44

Yeah I've been running in a beanie and leather gloves every run, no music. For some reason I strongly dislike when I can't hear what's around me, but that's probably just a leftover trait from my prior AD time.

All power to you man. That's insane haha Next week should be back in the 50's 60's so I'll definitely be outside. I'll try to get a PRT in and post it on the PT Track Google sheet.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
All power to you man. That's insane haha Next week should be back in the 50's 60's so I'll definitely be outside. I'll try to get a PRT in and post it on the PT Track Google sheet.
Oh I'm old and slow. Im cutting about 10-20 seconds off my times each week. It's a slow and steady race for progress. Pushup and plank, no issue Haha. I wish the run was like that, but then again I don't think I'm pushing pace like I bet some of you are.

I think if I pushed it enough I'd pass the run but I'd rather it feel comfortable lol, so I take small progress every week and passing will come eventually.

bramirez44

Oh I'm old and slow. Im cutting about 10-20 seconds off my times each week. It's a slow and steady race for progress. Pushup and plank, no issue Haha. I wish the run was like that, but then again I don't think I'm pushing pace like I bet some of you are.

I think if I pushed it enough I'd pass the run but I'd rather it feel comfortable lol, so I take small progress every week and passing will come eventually.
How old are you? What are your times? I'm kind of in the middle of the age requirements. 27yo (28 next month) running about a 10:45-11:15 mile and a half currently. I miss my college days of running two miles in 12-13 min haha my goal for OCS is 10 min mile and a half.

Duffman

None
Contributor
Exactly! This is wise words people. Start at a steady calm pace, not a 7 min pace, and increase the miles you run every week. You’ll build stamina, and improve your cardiovascular system. Add on more and more miles you run each week, and after a while you’ll be running farther and faster.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
How old are you? What are your times? I'm kind of in the middle of the age requirements. 27yo (28 next month) running about a 10:45-11:15 mile and a half currently. I miss my college days of running two miles in 12-13 min haha my goal for OCS is 10 min mile and a half.
Turning 32 this summer. I ran 13:30's during my enlistment for the USAF PT test so I've never been a fast runner.

Currently my quickest pace is around 15:45 for 1.5 miles and that's at a fairly conversational pace where I could still talk. Passing for my age group is 14:15. My overall goal is Good Low which I think is 13:15 for my age. At the slow progress currently I'd be passing with little effort in the next three weeks, and pushing up toward a good low about six weeks from now.

bramirez44

Turning 32 this summer. I ran 13:30's during my enlistment for the USAF PT test so I've never been a fast runner.

Currently my quickest pace is around 15:45 for 1.5 miles and that's at a fairly conversational pace where I could still talk. Passing for my age group is 14:15. My overall goal is Good Low which I think is 13:15 for my age. At the slow progress currently I'd be passing with little effort in the next three weeks, and pushing up toward a good low about six weeks from now.
Heck yeah man. That's a good plan. I'm excited to see what happens when the actual PRT test comes along. Last year I ran my first 15K in just under an hour and a half but my "training" the fastest I ever got was an hour and about 40 min. So I'm guessing the people around me and my adrenaline were pushing me harder. Hopefully that's the case at OCS

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Heck yeah man. That's a good plan. I'm excited to see what happens when the actual PRT test comes along. Last year I ran my first 15K in just under an hour and a half but my "training" the fastest I ever got was an hour and about 40 min. So I'm guessing the people around me and my adrenaline were pushing me harder. Hopefully that's the case at OCS

Pft when in training I feel like were the easiest because I knew I had to rock them out. Plus, you know there is a lot on the line, so you just hustle.

Duffman

None
Contributor
I like to believe you run faster when you’re with a pack of people than by yourself, but everyone’s different.

bramirez44

I like to believe you run faster when you’re with a pack of people than by yourself, but everyone’s different.
I agree with that. Hopefully that's the case. My big thing is weight. I'm trying to cut down 15lbs before going. I need to be under 200 before I get there lol I haven't been under 200 since 2010 hahaha

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
I agree with that. Hopefully that's the case. My big thing is weight. I'm trying to cut down 15lbs before going. I need to be under 200 before I get there lol I haven't been under 200 since 2010 hahaha
I feel you. My max weight is 211, I started at 265. Lmao. Currently at 219. I'm the designated forum fat boy.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Im constantly trying to push myself to get past the person in front of me when were running on a track. Seems to not suck when im focusing on passing the person in front of me