• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
General question. What does the typical process look like for us?

Get official results-then we swear in (when does this happen?)-get finsel-plane ticket at some point-ROM, then OCS...

Am I missing anything?
I work for the Navy as a fed civ. The check out is so time consuming I can't just up and leave.

@ghostswo will probably know, but I think it's FINSEL, swear in, then tickets.

tinah.winah

Questions for all,

1) What is a normal response time that your recruiter usually gets back to you? Within the same day/ 1-2 days/ 3-4 days/ a solid week/ whenever they feel like it?

2) How long would you all wait before following up with them after no response to hit that sweet spot of "not being on their as$" but also making sure you're being taken care of properly?

3) If there is no response after a couple of weeks, any steps you recommend taking?

Thanks in advance.
I got super lucky with my recruiter. She texts me right away. If she's busy, she'll text me usually within the hour. With any important information, she FaceTimes me.

Honestly, I would be on their ass because it is your package and your career. It might be annoying but only the squeaky wheel gets some attention.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
General question. What does the typical process look like for us?

Get official results-then we swear in (when does this happen?)-get finsel-plane ticket at some point-ROM, then OCS...

Am I missing anything?
That's the sum of it yeah.

• Official results with OCS date
  • Swear in (according to OR must be within 10 days of leaving)
  • FinSel paperwork (orders), plane tickets etc
  • Fly/drive to ROM for two weeks prior to OCS
  • Start OCS on the Sunday following ROM

I think most of the FinSel stuff and swearing in will be within two weeks of leaving to go to ROM/OCS so those few weeks before you leave might be pretty busy getting ready to go.

EWS_23

Anybody planning on using the PT tab on the excel sheet? I’m gonna try and get a baseline test in this weekend.

I’ve developed quite the beer gut this winter, so I’d love to see your Outstanding or Excellent times on there for motivations’ sake.

Metromedic

Contributor
Anybody planning on using the PT tab on the excel sheet? I’m gonna try and get a baseline test in this weekend.

I’ve developed quite the beer gut this winter, so I’d love to see your Outstanding or Excellent times on there for motivations’ sake.
Good luck bro, I failed push-ups lmao