• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Redsky330

You're giving me Vietnam flashbacks to a team member of mine who would blame bad work performance on that and be absolutely serious about it ?

Im not a believer...

But, i used to work im medical. Traffic increases correlated with the moon stages...

So do our tides.

Who knows, were universal specks out here

KFC

I wonder if accumulating more flight hours would improve our applications.

For the Air Force, your # of hours directly impacts your scores.
To be fair, not sure if the Navy has the same scoring considerations.

I've been checking in on y'alls board for a while now as I am to be on the next one in May. I can't be certain, but I don't think accumulating more flight hours will help you out much. Getting a more advanced rating would be a plus to your application, but flight hours are relatively irrelevant since the Navy wants to teach you to fly from the ground up anyways. Having any flight time is just an indication that you have the ability to fly an airplane, but that doesn't mean you can fly the way that the Navy wants you to fly.

Csl221

I've been checking in on y'alls board for a while now as I am to be on the next one in May. I can't be certain, but I don't think accumulating more flight hours will help you out much. Getting a more advanced rating would be a plus to your application, but flight hours are relatively irrelevant since the Navy wants to teach you to fly from the ground up anyways. Having any flight time is just an indication that you have the ability to fly an airplane, but that doesn't mean you can fly the way that the Navy wants you to fly.
We might be joining you on the May boards ??

Redsky330

Fair point!

The board is also determining if we'd be good Naval Officers first, Pilots/NFO's second.

We should emphasize/improve aspects of our packets based on these priorities.