• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

AirBlair

To my understanding, our applications are expected to have improved scores/LORs/Motivation Statments/etc, in order to apply within 6 months.

Anyone hear the same/different?
My recruiter said that there has to be some kind of improvement in scores or whatever they send if they PROREC N you. She said they basically look at it like "we already said no so if there isn't any improvement why are you sending this applicant again." Thats the way she explained it to me haha

Csl221

My recruiter said that there has to be some kind of improvement in scores or whatever they send if they PROREC N you. She said they basically look at it like "we already said no so if there isn't any improvement why are you sending this applicant again." Thats the way she explained it to me haha
Same thing my recruiter told me. The timeline is getting frustrating because I need to know how hard I need to hit the books. It’s hard to sit down and study when you don’t know if you actually need to.

Csl221

have recieved a killer LOR since applying in November, and accumulated a lot of community service hours. But would like to increase my OAR and AQR.

Turtle5403

To my understanding, our applications are expected to have improved scores/LORs/Motivation Statments/etc, in order to apply within 6 months.

Anyone hear the same/different?

More or less heard the same thing. It can be something in your professional life as well. I recently got promoted at work and my recruiter said I would be able to use that as a reason for reapplying. He also recommended against retaking the ASTB but seeing some scores on here think maybe I should reconsider and take it again if needed.

Acsantosus

As long as they release the results couple days before the next board deadline in case I need to reapply I’m solid?
Plot twist! If people are getting August class dates that could be an indication that they have been selected for FY21 quotas not FY20. This has the possibility of shifting or updating the board schedule. I’m only speculating here but board dates have shifted in the past from what I’ve read.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Yes I had the same thing. I got a promotion at my job, and also took on some more volunteering. I also got three new killer LOR's, I hope that carries me. If not I will be having to retake the test. I have been studying really hard, so I can just turnaround and make the next board if need be...

AirBlair

I wonder if accumulating more flight hours would improve our applications.

For the Air Force, your # of hours directly impacts your scores.
To be fair, not sure if the Navy has the some scoring considerations.
Yeah that is true. I had a friend who went into the Air Force and he already had like 200 something hours or more so his pilot score was basically at like 90 to start then he took the test and it went up to a 99 haha