• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Jbyrne89

The acting in midway was kinda poor, lots of cliches, and some of the cgi looked pretty bad. I enjoyed it but there are just better movies out there

I agree. Love how it fit so much in (pearl harbor, coral sea, Doolittle Raids, midway, etc) but it was sooo overproduced and the dialogue was so corny it was like the writing staff was made up of kids or something.

Jbyrne89

If yall haven't seen it yet, watch Band of Brothers! Probably favorite war tv series of all time for me

TRUE. Anything WW2 that Tom Hanks is involved in is always good. He’s got a flick about a fletcher class destroyer in the Atlantic coming out in May. And a new HBO miniseries on the army air corps in the pacific is currently in the works too.

AirBlair

WELL SHIT I’m sitting for a bar exam in a neighboring state tomorrow and Wednesday but Wednesday night I’m going to pick up that shit up first thing
Did you read "With the Old Breed"? Great book that part of The Pacific was based on!

Jbyrne89

Did you read "With the Old Breed"? Great book that part of The Pacific was based on!

I did! Loved it! A few guys featured in the Pacific wrote books - another one is “helmet for my pillow” read it back in college. I think Lecki wrote that one. The writing style was a little too flowery for me but it’s still an incredible story.

Joshua H

I’m a pretty level headed person and I’ve been in the Navy for almost 10 years so I’m definitely used to the, “hurry up and wait” mentality, but this is just getting ridiculous. So on the off chance that it’s true and the #roadto100 will yield results, I will do my part with this post.. Here’s to another day of anxiety.