• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

eryman818

I was about to say this board basically starts it off
If OCS trends like everything else in the Navy, the first anything within a new FY is an overshoot. Things tend to have higher quotas as they over estimate how much they need. Everything usually trends downward closer to the end of a FY. So hopefully we see that with this board.

exNavyOffRec

Real talk. What do y'all think the selection will be ? Especially since this the 2nd and final board of the FY?
none, not how OCS boards work.
OCS FY runs July-July. We are already in FY24 in their eyes.
In regards to when people go to OCS yes, but boards play by different rules.
If OCS trends like everything else in the Navy, the first anything within a new FY is an overshoot. Things tend to have higher quotas as they over estimate how much they need. Everything usually trends downward closer to the end of a FY. So hopefully we see that with this board.
Enlisted accessions work that way OCS does not.

OCS takes the entire number of a specific designator they need from OCS in an FY and multiplies it by roughly 1.4 to get board goal, that total number is then split up by the total number of boards. the hard goals come out about Nov to Feb time frame and there are some fluctuations but they are nearly always minor. This allows for a consistent number of selections throughout the year and also allows for there to always have people waiting to go to OCS.

Quick example shipping goal is 100, multiply by 1.4 to give you 140 board goal, 4 boards for this fictitious designator would be 35 per board that the board members could select. They do not need to use all of the spots but most will.

BDavis11

Contributor
I am not sure how to access the list to see who is at boards, but whoever marked me on the list I greatly appreciate you!
It’s fake news! Someone said “let’s play a game”. No way they are matching internet handles with real names that hasn’t even been published yet. But yet everyone is falling for it ??‍♂️. You guys need to do the mandatory gmt’s before results drop ?

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
It’s fake news! Someone said “let’s play a game”. No way they are matching internet handles with real names that hasn’t even been published yet. But yet everyone is falling for it ??‍♂️. You guys need to do the mandatory gmt’s before results drop ?
You’d be surprised how much an internet handle can reveal about someone.

gtownjake

Theoretically if they knew they had zero slots for SNA remaining (and few NFO slots) they probably wouldn’t even hold this board would they?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

There is an unofficial list that’s out! Someone on here has been confirming names on the list!

BDavis11

Contributor
It’s the at board list but it hasn’t been published. That’s how I found out
Yea but whoever is marking people on the spreadsheet is marking them as a pro rec and the board hasn’t convened yet so it shouldn’t be red and green yet ??‍♂️

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Yea but whoever is marking people on the spreadsheet is marking them as a pro rec and the board hasn’t convened yet so it shouldn’t be red and green yet ??‍♂️
There are two types of red/green. Look at the legend at the top.