• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

For those of you who applied for the May board and made it to this board, do you use the same package?

Trying to come up with a plan if I don't make the cut for this board to apply in November
I applied for the May board and now this one. My recruiter told me to get a LOR and send my finalized transcripts. That’s the only thing I changed, probably shouldn’t have been allowed to reapply lol

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I applied for the May board and now this one. My recruiter told me to get a LOR and send my finalized transcripts. That’s the only thing I changed, probably shouldn’t have been allowed to reapply lol

I think an LOR qualifies as a “change”. I just know my recruiter told me if you turn around and submit the same exact packet you’re pretty much asking for a No.

For those of you who applied for the May board and made it to this board, do you use the same package?

Trying to come up with a plan if I don't make the cut for this board to apply in November
I was able to reapply with just submitting slightly higher ASTB scores and more experience at my job. My OR tole me IF this board did not work out, then a LOR would be enough of a significant improvement to apply for the next one.

eranger24

Pretty much the same package. Really just had to rewrite/tweak my personal statement including my progression towards my masters and community service that I’ve done and how it makes me a better candidate compared to the last board

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
I applied to the October board and the may board. Selected for may. I changed my personal statement, added a COM, endorsed by my first flag, updated my PRT, added CNATT/NATTC JIOY, and added an EP Eval. AD btw. A lot of significant changes which I’m sure aided in my flag endorsement.
A lot of good additions seems like ISPP is the way to go for AD if possible.

gtownjake

Training fleet is getting new paint jobs. The heritage T6s are going to be sweet.

Biff42

Many say no. Scores are #1. Makes sense tho, board last 1 maybe 2 days and hundreds of applicants. At best they might read a couple.

**Again this is just my simple brain speculating**

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Do LOR’s really hold any value on an application?
I believe that the LORs are the board's opportunity to get a little more understanding about you as a person from another person's point of view. It could also be used as a means to see what kind of people are willing to speak well of you on your behalf. This is why I submitted LORs from 3 COs, a DH, and 2 DIVOs. It could possibly be used as a means for a tiebreaker when it comes down to selecting the last few people. At the end of the day, the only people who could say whether they hold value or not are people who have actually sat on a board. Surely, there's a reason for it being a requirement.

exNavyOffRec

I believe that the LORs are the board's opportunity to get a little more understanding about you as a person from another person's point of view. It could also be used as a means to see what kind of people are willing to speak well of you on your behalf. This is why I submitted LORs from 3 COs, a DH, and 2 DIVOs. It could possibly be used as a means for a tiebreaker when it comes down to selecting the last few people. At the end of the day, the only people who could say whether they hold value or not are people who have actually sat on a board. Surely, there's a reason for it being a requirement.
They take often a minute on applications, while other designators will look at LOR's to get an idea about the person when it comes to aviation it is about a 2 year path, they need people who are as close to a guarantee as possible to pass flight school, the ASTB is what indicates that. A person who is a Div 1 football captain, perfect GPA, LOR's from all types of people, and saved puppies but has 5's on the ASTB will have a low chance of making it, but he might be great at any other designator. The person that did nothing but went to college and scores 9's have a very good chance of making it. It is for that reason the person with the 9's will get picked up and the one with 5's will not, when it comes to a 2 year training program they have little room to take chances.

Also, LOR's are not a requirement for non-AD you can submit without them and experienced OR's won't worry about them.