• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
They take often a minute on applications, while other designators will look at LOR's to get an idea about the person when it comes to aviation it is about a 2 year path, they need people who are as close to a guarantee as possible to pass flight school, the ASTB is what indicates that. A person who is a Div 1 football captain, perfect GPA, LOR's from all types of people, and saved puppies but has 5's on the ASTB will have a low chance of making it, but he might be great at any other designator. The person that did nothing but went to college and scores 9's have a very good chance of making it. It is for that reason the person with the 9's will get picked up and the one with 5's will not, when it comes to a 2 year training program they have little room to take chances.

Also, LOR's are not a requirement for non-AD you can submit without them and experienced OR's won't worry about them.
I enjoy reading your responses. Always full of great information to help fill the unknowns. If there's no FAQ sticky yet with you answering commonly asked questions, there should be.

gtownjake

May board numbers seem pretty good as compared to previous boards and other threads make it seem like the flight school back up is slowly improving. I'm hoping for May numbers or better but perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic.
I think that’s a realistic goal. If we follow the rule that they take all FY selection numbers and divide them evenly we’d be pretty similar to May’s number.

BDavis11

Contributor
“Isolation is a gift, it’s your saving grace. Hear your own thoughts, feel your own emotions, be the authentic you without outside influences. Once you find yourself, you won’t be alone anymore.”

eranger24

May board numbers seem pretty good as compared to previous boards and other threads make it seem like the flight school back up is slowly improving. I'm hoping for May numbers or better but perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed like the fall boards in 2022 board were peak low selections. So hopefully May started an upward trend for selections. And with less people on this board I could see it being somewhat similar to May results (but hopefully better). This is all on a hunch.