• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Well I made my original comment without knowing what the deadline was, I just knew that the August board was still on there cause I looked on June 6th when it was released. But even if you can't still "push" for the deadline, if your package was submitted before the deadline on there, there's still a small chance the board can happen and your package is seen.
When word started getting around that it was cancelled, my OR and others hadn’t heard a thing about it. Fast forward a week or so after and he finally gave me a call, said that the cancellation was sent out via email to his boss who never got around to letting him know. Definitely not the normal way of them cancelling a board but who knows ?

BDavis11

Contributor
Well I made my original comment without knowing what the deadline was, I just knew that the August board was still on there cause I looked on June 6th when it was released. But even if you can't still "push" for the deadline, if your package was submitted before the deadline on there, there's still a small chance the board can happen and your package is seen.
I got ya. I was just saying you can’t “push to get your application in” (your words) when it is already past the original deadline for the board. Those folks already submitted before the talks of the cancellation happening and one other person still submitted that last week as well. It will just be really interesting to see if the board tell did get canceled with the board still on the schedule or if all those folks got pushed with those hopes of it not actually being cancelled. I have my popcorn ready

I got ya. I was just saying you can’t “push to get your application in” (your words) when it is already past the original deadline for the board. Those folks already submitted before the talks of the cancellation happening and one other person still submitted that last week as well. It will just be really interesting to see if the board tell did get canceled with the board still on the schedule or if all those folks got pushed with those hopes of it not actually being cancelled. I have my popcorn ready
Yeah I understand what you mean. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't trying to be snarky. Apologies if my last comment came across that way.

BDavis11

Contributor
Yeah I understand what you mean. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't trying to be snarky. Apologies if my last comment came across that way.
All good brotha! We both were just clarifying. Do you still not have an OCS date yet?

Thunder

I applied for the may board and did not get selected but I was informed a few days ago that I got picked up from the latest supply board. I want to reapply for pilot and was planning on retaking the astb to improve my package but my recruiter said I would have to decline supply to do so. Is this true

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
I applied for the may board and did not get selected but I was informed a few days ago that I got picked up from the latest supply board. I want to reapply for pilot and was planning on retaking the astb to improve my package but my recruiter said I would have to decline supply to do so. Is this true
I can’t confirm this, but that sounds right. Re-taking the ASTB nullifies the previous scores on your application, so you’d have to re-apply with the new scores

Thunder

I can’t confirm this, but that sounds right. Re-taking the ASTB nullifies the previous scores on your application, so you’d have to re-apply with the new scores
Gotcha that makes sense. I'm nervous turning down supply cause its a good backup plan and this will be my last attempt on the astb but in the long term I don't think I'd be satisfied taking supply and not trying again for SNA

space_sailor

That sounds about right.
Why did you apply for supply? I think the general consensus is that you should not apply for something if you don't want it.

If your heart is set on SNA and only SNA then obvi go for it. (also you have decent ASTB scores you could probably roll the dice on this next SNA/SNFO board if you wanted to)

Thunder

That sounds about right.
Why did you apply for supply? I think the general consensus is that you should not apply for something if you don't want it.

If your heart is set on SNA and only SNA then obvi go for it. (also you have decent ASTB scores you could probably roll the dice on this next SNA/SNFO board if you wanted to)
I submitted everything back in early march and my recruiter really encouraged me to put down supply also so I did not really thinking it would come to this. Will it hurt my chances if I decline it? Also I've read that you have to have a substantial change to a package in order to reapply within six months so that is why I was planning on retaking it.

space_sailor

I submitted everything back in early march and my recruiter really encouraged me to put down supply also so I did not really thinking it would come to this. Will it hurt my chances if I decline it? Also I've read that you have to have a substantial change to a package in order to reapply within six months so that is why I was planning on retaking it.
Honestly I don't really know if it will hurt your chances since the supply community != aviation community.

If you had turned down SNFO I think it would have hurt your chances - although it is not impossible to become a SNA, there are a few people on this forum who have turned down SNFO and reapplied for SNA and received a Pro-Rec-Y.

davidc1220

I heard of people doing that as well, applying for SNA, getting NFO and turning it down to reapply, but I'm wondering say someone takes NFO, could they potentially lead that to a flying career later on, whether it'd be commercial or even NFO to SNA (i hear is extremely difficult but not impossible)?