• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

mcwisconsin

I'm chilling till the at board list comes out. If I'm on it then let the nervousness begin. If I'm not then oh well on to next lol
I've been wondering - how is it decided who makes it to the board and who doesn't? Is it basically first come, first serve? Asking because I turned in the last of my application materials to my OR back in mid July, but in September she told me that my package wasn't "submitted" until mid-late August. When I found this out, I was a little uneasy.

jbfalcon2000

SNA Board Applicant
It's tremendously easy to fall into the stress spiral if I leave myself unchecked. However, I remind myself of the classic adage, "If you worry, you suffer twice."

Currently attempting to take a page out of the Stoic philosophy and not worry about the things I have no control over. At this point, I've done all I can for this board and my future is ultimately in God's hands.

I challenge everyone on this forum to try and go an entire day of not thinking about the board. Focus super hard on enjoying where you are right now because every day is a gift (Even if you are in a "limbo" season). I challenge myself to do this as well because I fail just about every day. But I'm just going to keep trying.

You got this ladies & gents. We are all gonna fly someday.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I've been wondering - how is it decided who makes it to the board and who doesn't? Is it basically first come, first serve? Asking because I turned in the last of my application materials to my OR back in mid July, but in September she told me that my package wasn't "submitted" until mid-late August. When I found this out, I was a little uneasy.
First come first serve. They find issues with the submission before it goes to board. Those seem to be the main 2 I’ve heard of

mcwisconsin

It's tremendously easy to fall into the stress spiral if I leave myself unchecked. However, I remind myself of the classic adage, "If you worry, you suffer twice."

Currently attempting to take a page out of the Stoic philosophy and not worry about the things I have no control over. At this point, I've done all I can for this board and my future is ultimately in God's hands.

I challenge everyone on this forum to try and go an entire day of not thinking about the board. Focus super hard on enjoying where you are right now because every day is a gift (Even if you are in a "limbo" season). I challenge myself to do this as well because I fail just about every day. But I'm just going to keep trying.

You got this ladies & gents. We are all gonna fly someday.
Not sure why, but up until a week or 2 ago, I had put my Navy hopes on the backburner... I was enjoying a ~4 week vacation to SE Asia and then the fall semester started the day I returned. I got a single email from AirWarriors last week, and since then I've been checking this forum at least twice a day. But yes, it's probably not healthy to be worrying about this every day. I'm gonna get a yes or a no - either way, it's out of my control now.

Last edited:

WorldWar33.3

I'm going to be on a weeklong Caribbean cruise when the board convenes. That will absolutely take my mind off of the selection board... and to a certain extent - test me to see if I would enjoy life at sea ?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I'm going to be on a weeklong Caribbean cruise when the board convenes. That will absolutely take my mind off of the selection board... and to a certain extent - test me to see if I would enjoy life at sea ?
The USS *Insert dead president here* cruise is basically just a Carnival cruise with jets and helicopters so this is a great way to know how you'll do.