• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft asthetics (Nominate your favorites!)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The SR-71. Absolutely beautiful. That lithe design, and the speed. Just an amazing aircraft.

sr-71.jpg

sr-71_12.jpg

Forgot about that thing... awesome aircraft. +1.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
These three are my favorite. Maybe not the prettiest or sleekest but then again, I've flown nothing but ugly planes in my career.

A-7.jpg

F-8.jpg

250px-F4U_Corsair.jpg

phrogpilot73

These three are my favorite. Maybe not the prettiest or sleekest but then again, I've flown nothing but ugly planes in my career.
F-8.jpg
I would hardly call the F-8 ugly... That would be negative rep, however you did include it as one of your favorites ;)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I was always a fan of the XB-70 Valkyrie, it's long and slender (just how I like my ladies :) ). Those swept wings and canards are sexy.

xb-70.jpg

xb-70_1.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I would hardly call the F-8 ugly... That would be negative rep, however you did include it as one of your favorites ;)

Ah, never called the F-8 ugly, what I flew has been ugly. You're right, it's sleek and sexy. The other two, not so much.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
+1 on the -16 here. The Block 60 looks like an altogether different animal though. It's all kinds of jacked up with its 'dorsal spine' hideousness...looks like the UAE's the only folks flying it; keep that ugly thing over there...
http://www.defense-update.com/products/f/F-16e-f.htm

Not certain but I know the Israelis fly something like it, as well as the Chileans just bought some like it. (might be same variants, too lazy to research at the moment)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
As far as "aesthetics" go...this plane was tuff to beat...too bas we didn't let the canucks build a few...they still have some serious sour grapes over the whole affair...
Arrow-Labusch.jpg

climb.gif

avro_arrow.jpg

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
If I ever won the lottery I'd get my license & buy myself a Cat
pbyair.jpg

I'm also partial to the Sabre
f86.jpg