• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft asthetics (Nominate your favorites!)

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
SU-27.jpg

The Flanker has beautiful lines. Reminds me slightly of a cobra that is ready to strike.

rafale-014.JPG

I can't quite explain it, but the Rafale is something else.

yf23roll.jpg

This is the one the AF should have picked.

ww2vougf4u-1.jpg

As already posted.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
ac-130-spectre-44.jpg

AC-130 Gunship....anything that can lay down that kind of firepower is "beautiful"
+2 for you...and since you brought it up I love the Herc in all its incarnations:

Rescuer,

Destroyer,

Refueler,

Combat support (On the ramp at Khe San, 1966).

I could go on and on (the strange Fulton recovery system, satellite recovery, ski-birds, Entebbe rescue)...though not the prettiest, I have the same love for her that any pilot has for a plane that has gotten him out of trouble once or twice. It is extremely rugged and whenever I speak to a vet in any of the armed services they have usually taken a ride in her at some point, and recall her fondly.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
+2 for you...and since you brought it up I love the Herc in all its incarnations:

Rescuer,

Destroyer,

Refueler,

Combat support (On the ramp at Khe San, 1966).

I could go on and on (the strange Fulton recovery system, satellite recovery, ski-birds, Entebbe rescue)...though not the prettiest, I have the same love for her that any pilot has for a plane that has gotten him out of trouble once or twice. It is extremely rugged and whenever I speak to a vet in any of the armed services they have usually taken a ride in her at some point, and recall her fondly.

Can't forget airshow demonstrator/logistics support. :)

blue-angels-fat-albert-009.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Can't forget airshow demonstrator/logistics support. :)

blue-angels-fat-albert-009.jpg
+3
I had the chance to ride on that big beauty at the Blues homecoming last Nov. I have a new respect for that big girl. She can move -yank and bank. Better than any other big girl I have been with ... :eek: :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Classic.....

image002.jpg

Nice, clean lines.......and a MiG killer to boot.....

Sea-Fury-Bad-Attitude.jpg

Small, lean.........and she aged very well......

WC_2775b.jpg

34.92.02%20%20Hawker%20Hunter%20F.58%20J-4021%20G-HHAC%20500w.jpg

The French sure can make some very nice looking planes........

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
No Contest

Absolutely beautiful:

Attachments

• 1179021.jpg
    1179021.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 1151211.jpg
    1151211.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 36

FastMover

NFO
None
The Stearman Kaydet is a real looker, too. I got a ride in one last summer and have like them ever since.

Attachments

• stearman_kaydet.jpg
    stearman_kaydet.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 30

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
alright....so how about the vulcan and the hustler....both way ahead of their time.
B_58_Hustler.jpg

vulcan1.jpg

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
+1 for the -16, I'd give so much to fly that aircraft....the Flankers gorgeous too...she kinda looks like a great dane from some aspects

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always had a soft spot for the F-104. Not a great fighter, but just really sleek looking. The name Starfighter always seemed to fit. Looked like something out of old sci-fi movie.

schwarti

Contributor
Agreed, gator. I loved the name, and the design seemed to fit. Wasn't there another Star-x plane? Can't remember the second part of the name.