• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another military poser/faker goes down on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I obviously spend way to much time on the net. I'm posting under military aviation in general as it somewhat applies I guess. But thanks to Heyjoe for this splash. Some of you know I am car guy and I visit some car sites, specifically Corvette and Mustang, being an owner and previous owner of both. Anyway, on a mustang site, saw that an individual posted a thread asking 'Who here is a combat vet?' and in it, he stated he was, flew 30 combat missions during the Gulf War (91) and was shot down on 23 Feb 91. It just raised a BS flag with me.

Did a little search and found he had stated in another thread he was shot down, at around 20K feet and the B-52 he flew was destroyed. So I searched and of course, there was no AF aircraft shot down on the 23 of Feb 91 and no B-52's lost to combat in the war. When I questioned him, he didn't respond wth much except he couldn't talk about it. When I pushed the issue, he finally claimed it was a shootdown but a Class B :confused: Uhm, no. Pushed further, the nose gear collapsed and he hurt or broke his back. I pushed further though, asking about his ejection from another thread, where did he go to flight school, stuff about his training, etc. Now this guy is one of the founders of the site and I was banned forever...reason, insubordination.

Now this guy is claiming to be an O-6 and might very well be one. However, WTF is an O-6 doing lying about his exploits. What is sad is many came to his defence on the site, acting as if it was okay to lie, all people do it. Regardless, I just felt it wasn't right to outright lie about your record, even if an O-6. I enlisted the help of the folks from baseops.net and Heyjoe. Here is the thread and as you will see, his public apology. Though at this point, I'm still uncertain whether he was a B-52 pilot. As Heyjoe can attest, some of his B-52 bravado didn't make sense.....bombing run altitudes, number of missions, types of munitions carried, etc.

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12697&st=0

Please don't start sending this guy PM's or emails. He might very well be an O-6 so non officers and O-1/2's don't need to be messing with him. He has done enough to himself and has know been reported to the POW network.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sad sack.

threadjack

My new Brett picture
Brett.jpg

/threadjack

Sorry...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My new Brett picture

Wow, that was out of left field. :D If that's gonna be me, then I'm going to have to insist that there's a 100 pound stripper out of frame getting ready for my hand print to be emblazoned upon her stern. :D

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, that was out of left field. :D If that's gonna be me, then I'm going to have to insist that there's a 100 pound stripper out of frame getting ready for my hand print to be emblazoned upon her stern. :D

Brett

Of course.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You'd think that he could at least come up with a more believable aircraft for his story......like something that actually has been shot down in the last 20 years

Brett1

Banned

Brett

Never happen......

MasterBates

Brett, you should open an upscale club near NS Mayport called "The O Club" since the base closed their club.

But make it OLD SCHOOL. I am sure there are some retired Aviators in the area who would help you make it "authentic"

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I can make that happen........... in real life. In fact, I am pretty sure that you would have a life changing experience under my supervision.
You may very well turn DAB into a cross country destination that rivals Vegas or Key West!

Status
Not open for further replies.