• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another military poser/faker goes down on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogpilot73

The claims he made do not fall under the Stolen Valor Act as I read it. I would be very careful about going after this guy in any official way. Unless you have evidence of some kind of security violation (which I suspect you don't), this could open up a can of worms that's just not worth getting into. We're talking about potentially ending a senior officer's career over a tall tale told over the internet. Right or wrong, there will be serious repercussions if that happens including possible civil action against you. Is it really worth it?
I'm not going after the guy... Of course, if he's an intelligence officer - that means there's a fair likelihood that he may have to take a poly. He may fail that poly, but realistically probably not.

Yes, he told a tall tale over the internet. Yes, he lied. Whatever happened to the whole notion of "special trust and confidence." He lost that. While it may be hazy whether he broke the Stolen Valor Act or not, he still lied. And oh by the way, if I were to go after him - let him bring the civil action on. The only thing he could possibly sue for is defamation of character. He did that to himself, not me. A good lawyer would run rings around him.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett,
why would anybody on this forum be subject to some sort of civil action because they called another officer out on some BS... Even if it was just a little bit of self aggrandizement on the mustang forum....it's still pretty fouled up...particularly when you consider it's an O-6!

Anyone can file a civil action against anyone else for any cause, valid or otherwise (think of the "My coffee was too hot" lady vs. MacDonalds - and she won!). Do any of you want to spend the next six months and thousands of your own dollars defending yourself in court? If one of you came after me for something I said on here and got me fired, I'd change my last name to Ahab and make it my life's mission to take as many of you with me as I could - by any means necessary. Just something to think about.

Brett

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
IMO, it's over. He humiliated himself. Some at baseops are now angry with one of the mods, White Angel for her role in the whole thing. I think maybe she banned several folks (including me) to save face for the guy. It wasn't personal with me, I just think it's disrespectful to play military hero when you haven't made the sacrifice, walked the walk, etc. So I called him on it and enlisted the help of the AF guys being he was AF. He apologized to me via PM and admitted his wrong doing. I feel like the bad guy in this case being I started it all. The Colonel is probably a good guy who got caught up in the moment on a site where he thought nobody would question him. Doesn't make it right but I do feel bad for him.

To me, the sad part are those folks who think it's okay to make up stories, okay to lie about what you do. We aren't talking about exaggerating a bit....I was at 100' vs 200' sort of thing. Some are just young and dumb I guess.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Young and dumb as an O-6. Sweet.

FWIW, I don't really like the witch hunt going on over there, as I don't see where anything illegal happened.

Yeah, the blind adoration for the liar made me throw up in my mouth a bit, but that's about it.

Merry f*cking Christmas.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
For the life of me, I can't understand what would make somebody do this. Best case scenario, a bunch of people that you'll never meet might think that you're cool. Worst case, the whole community involved (and anybody else who sees it) will know that you're an idiot, liar, and all around waste of space. What's to be gained from it?

It would be like one of us going over to some brain surgeons message board and posting a bunch of crap about how we did the first brain transplant or saved some kid in a 30 hour surgery. It won't be long before we're called out as the liars we are and disgraced. It's just stupid. 99% of the time these guys get busted by their own big mouths inside of a few days or weeks. You are GOING to get caught.

Whatever. End rant. Time to see if the kids are asleep yet so I can go Santa-ize the house.

HuggyU2

None
Folks, just leave it alone. It's done; the horse has been beaten. And besides: if you're not familiar with the lawsuit that took place a few years ago on avweb.com, it's a good example of how a website AND the individuals that post on it are quite vulnerable. Would be a shame to bring unwanted attention to airwarriors.com.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
if you're not familiar with the lawsuit that took place a few years ago on avweb.com, it's a good example of how a website AND the individuals that post on it are quite vulnerable.

Tell us a Christmas story, Uncle Huggy!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
/jack

Better get crackin' with that IR buzzsaw. Santa just called "Sand Pits inbound" to your house...

Merry Christmas!

/end jack

Wow, 4:30 am post. Guess you wanted your Christmas gifts early.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Folks, just leave it alone. It's done; the horse has been beaten. And besides: if you're not familiar with the lawsuit that took place a few years ago on avweb.com, it's a good example of how a website AND the individuals that post on it are quite vulnerable. Would be a shame to bring unwanted attention to airwarriors.com.

The guys here aren't going after anyone, doing anything to bring unwanted attention. So there's nothing to leave alone, they are simply talking about what happened. If you don't like the thread huggy, stay out of it. As it is though, I started this thread and will end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.