• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another military poser/faker goes down on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
having just gone through the ass pain of the SSBI update again... I can't imagine this purported O-6 can get away with being a B-52 poseur without any recriminations. In fact, maybe it's incumbent on us to let his COC know about it. Certainly dosent' have a whole lot of integrity.

Funny, I can't imagine how something like that would ever come up during a PR. Yes, the guy is a douche-nozzle, but don't fuck with a man's clearance because of some internet shenanigans.

Brett

Nose

pilot
Funny, I can't imagine how something like that would ever come up during a PR. Yes, the guy is a douche-nozzle, but don't fuck with a man's clearance because of some internet shenanigans.

Brett

I'm not sure someone who can lie to complete strangers like that should have a clearance...

phrogpilot73

I'm not sure someone who can lie to complete strangers like that should have a clearance...
At least we know he can avoid the truth with regards to direct questioning... At least he can lie about what he knows to an agent of a foreign government...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I have figured out that Navy 1630s have an inferiority complex....but this is recockulous. This guy is a disgrace to the Air Farce.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What's hard about that? It's ease in lying to those you know or love that should call your character into question. Either way, I'm not defending the guy at all, but it would be a grave mistake for anyone here to "meddle" with a senior officer's clearance.

Brett

phrogpilot73

...but it would be a grave mistake for anyone here to "meddle" with a senior officer's clearance.
I disagree. He violated federal law. I don't think it would be a grave mistake to "meddle" with his clearance because he's a senior officer. We'll see what the FBI has to say about it...

BackOrdered

Contributor
It would be pretty classy if the guy would just resign (publicly or privately) as admin and go to another site. No harm, no foul. Yeah he lied but it is the internet. In the end, he is just a stranger. I've read through the saga of it all and this just isn't worth it for total strangers to keep this going.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It would be pretty classy if the guy would just resign (publicly or privately) as admin and go to another site. No harm, no foul. Yeah he lied but it is the internet. In the end, he is just a stranger. I've read through the saga of it all and this just isn't worth it for total strangers to keep this going.

I think the issue some people are having with this is that it's not just another stranger. By his own words he's an intel officer O-6 in the AF, so I think that takes it beyond the realm of usual internet anonyimity.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The typical response on the web site to his "mea culpa" :

It takes a pretty big man to say I was wrong, as far as we're concerned, it never happened.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I disagree. He violated federal law. I don't think it would be a grave mistake to "meddle" with his clearance because he's a senior officer. We'll see what the FBI has to say about it...

The claims he made do not fall under the Stolen Valor Act as I read it. I would be very careful about going after this guy in any official way. Unless you have evidence of some kind of security violation (which I suspect you don't), this could open up a can of worms that's just not worth getting into. We're talking about potentially ending a senior officer's career over a tall tale told over the internet. Right or wrong, there will be serious repercussions if that happens including possible civil action against you. Is it really worth it?

Brett

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The claims he made do not fall under the Stolen Valor Act as I read it. I would be very careful about going after this guy in any official way. Unless you have evidence of some kind of security violation (which I suspect you don't), this could open up a can of worms that's just not worth getting into. We're talking about potentially ending a senior officer's career over a tall tale told over the internet. Right or wrong, there will be serious repercussions if that happens including possible civil action against you. Is it really worth it?

Brett

Serious question, and lemme preface it with I'm not intending to pursue anything. Wouldn't a security investigation want to know about an individual's purported habitual lying, or is there a certain "moral flexibility" looked for in an intel-o? Just curious.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Serious question, and lemme preface it with I'm not intending to pursue anything. Wouldn't a security investigation want to know about an individual's purported habitual lying, or is there a certain "moral flexibility" looked for in an intel-o? Just curious.

Probably depends on the context.

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor

Brett
Brett,
why would anybody on this forum be subject to some sort of civil action because they called another officer out on some BS... Even if it was just a little bit of self aggrandizement on the mustang forum....it's still pretty fouled up...particularly when you consider it's an O-6!

Status
Not open for further replies.