• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you using AI - and how?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I came here to say the same. Everything is getting an AI sticker slapped on it these days. It’s extremely stupid.
To be fair, the industry and academia have chosen the term "artificial intelligence" to indicate the entire field, from rudimentary statistical methods and image recognition all the way to the digi-brain holy grail. Pedantically, machine learning (ML) is a subset of AI.

IMHO, the standards makers missed the mark here, causing a lot of layperson confusion and creating opportunities for bad journalism (as if we didn't have enough already).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To be fair, the industry and academia have chosen the term "artificial intelligence" to indicate the entire field, from rudimentary statistical methods and image recognition all the way to the digi-brain holy grail. Pedantically, machine learning (ML) is a subset of AI.

IMHO, the standards makers missed the mark here, causing a lot of layperson confusion and creating opportunities for bad journalism (as if we didn't have enough already).
To be fair, industry has exploited AI as a branding tool in order to separate fools from their money.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
allen-iverson-gestures.jpg

Did someone say AI?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I think AI is using me [for something]…looks like it’s tracking my bullshit Speedmaster pics…
IMG_5483.jpeg

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If AW had a chatbot to auto-reply to each new user’s first post, which long time AW member would you have the AI model after for training data?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If AW had a chatbot to auto-reply to each new user’s first post, which long time AW member would you have the AI model after for training data?
That’s the thing with AI. We lose all the unique, idiosyncratic, and annoying things that make us, us.

I’ll stick with all you bloody bastards. Humans are better, even if we can’t stand living with them sometimes.

;)