• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Watches

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I always thought a real aviators watch should resemble a real aviator?

41056KG9FZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
... drawback is the black rubber band, while durable, it's hard to dress up. ....

Luminox, Swiss made is a fine watch. It uses tritium, a hydrogen isotope, as a power sources for illumination. Once upon a time they were issued as standard SEAL gear. Have seen a lot of AF guys wearing them, as
F-117/F-16/F-15 versions are available.

The titanium version looks great, IMHO, I like the Luminox because it has a small dial, inverse proportionality theory considered.:eek:

tri.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had never heard of Ball before, but I'm interested now. I've seen them in person in our local jewlers and some of them are very sharp, a little more affordable. Apparently, they were the sole providers of timepieces to the railroads in the late 19th and early 18th century.

http://www.ballwatch.com/index.php?option=com_collections

So, are you considering a new career in the railroad industry? Or merely trying to bring another timepiece into aviation "gotta-have" category.

B

Blutonski816

Apparently, they were the sole providers of timepieces to the railroads in the late 19th and early 20th century.

fixed it for you.

BTW? what's up with the music on that link??

I thought I was going to get treated to a flash vid on how the watch helped the Bolsheviks take down the Czar in the Russian Revolution.

Cabbage

None
I checked the NEX website for some watches. They have excellent prices on Omega and Breitling. I am looking to upgrade my Breitling Aerospace Professional with either a Speedmaster or Avenger M1. Both are available for about $1000 under retail (plus no sales tax).

phrogpilot73

So where's best place to get a deal on one?
That I can't tell you, they only work through authorized distributors (much like Omega and the like). Their North American distributor page allows you to look up dealers. http://www.ballwatchusa.com/index.html

I really liked the Aviator GMT watch, although the Aviator was very nice too.
That's one of the ones the guy at the jewelry store showed me first. Tritium lit hands, and holy be-jesus bright. I almost wouldn't want to wear it in a cockpit it was so bright. Still a very nice watch. My favorites are the Fireman Skylab (they're only making 1600) and the Engineer Hydrocarbon series.

bain

i started wearing a G-shock mainly bc i am a klutz and would bang into crap in the P-way- since then i graduated to the casio pathfinder-about the best quality is that its solar powered-but yeeeahh, its pretty sweet, got a ton of crap i never use, but still talk smack to other people about what it can do....:D- plus if i had a smaller watch i couldnt say things like " you cant have supple wrists and sport this badass time piece boy!!!"- then they make fun of me as i walk away, but i still feel like a tough guy...

phrogpilot73

My favorites are the Fireman Skylab (they're only making 1600) and the Engineer Hydrocarbon series.
So as I was picking up PSW's repaired jewelry (and our new Tungsten Carbide wedding bands), I drooled over the Ball case again. In case anyone is interested where they are for price point - $3400 for the Fireman Skylab and $3100 for the Engineer Hydrocarbon Chronograph.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I like the Ball Night Train and the Aviation GMT that just came out. Don't like the execution of the tritium tubes formed into numbers...it looks pretty clumsy in my opinion.

Ask your jeweler for a discount...most watches have a built-in discount and with the economy a bit soft...